Starting to belive in myself

Options
I have been a serial dieter for the past 10 years, I have tried them all many times, always without success. I had started to really feel like a failure and had become really embarressed and ashamed to even mention a new diet because I figured that everyone was thinking that I would just revert back to my old ways and never get there. So a month or so ago a friend of mine invited me to join MFP. I also had a talk with another friend who was doing it to support one of her friends and I decided that I would just go ahead and start counting calories, even if the days weren't perfect. I would at least be doing SOMETHING. I told myself it was ok right from the beginning to mess up as long as I always tried again the next day. But something happened in the past month...I started to believe that I could do this, I can lose this weight, once and for all. The main motivation for me has been all the people in this community. Yes there are lots of snarky comments on some of the threads I've read but mainly there is sweet encouragement. You people have achieved amazing things, things I have always dreamed of. I love to see a success story that really makes me think that I can do it too. I just wanted to say Thank You for updating your success and failures on here. I am starting to love exercise and getting much better at making healthy choices. I feel that this is the answer, just eating healthy over time and exercising. There is no quick fix or magic pill here. I so admire all the impressive athletes on here who started out with 40 or more pounds to lose like me. You give me hope and my attitude towards myself is starting to change big time. Yes I can do this, and yes I am worth it!