Out of denial and back on track!

geddie30
geddie30 Posts: 6 Member
Well, this should be interesting...

I lost about 15kg two years ago through MFP, but stopped tracking because I ended up getting totally obsessed with numbers, legit scared of eating food I hadn't prepped myself, and although I was never technically underweight, I ended up getting a lecture from the doctor about needing to eat more. Since then, I put about 5kg back on (which actually made me look and feel a lot healthier), but this year I've noticed a bit more still creeping back and I want to get back to my happy point!

I resisted going back to counting calories because of how much it messed with my head last time, but in hindsight, I had a lot of stress and uncertainty going on back then and I've got a much more positive outlook now, so I think this should go a bit better!

I'll be tracking progress mostly with measurement, how my clothes feel, and how my fitness improves. Honestly, I don't know exactly what I weigh right now -- I just took a guess. I'll log honestly, and if there's one thing I learned from last time, it's that going over targets on the odd occasion isn't going to ruin everything. It's the big picture that counts. And right now, my big picture means eating at a deficit and consistently working towards fitness goals. I won't lose the weight as fast as last time, but that's okay because right now sustainability is key for me :smile:

So let's raise a glass to getting me back on track!

(No, seriously, I know I'm going to have a couple of glasses of wine tonight. Or maybe a beer, depending on what I'm in the mood for. Both of which I've already logged so I can plan my other meals to balance it out a bit :wink: )