6 weeks postpartum not losing weight

So before I got pregnant I had lost 50lbs. I was counting macros and working out 5-6 times a week and the weight was quickly falling off. I only gained 15lbs while pregnant and while I have lost most of that (just from actually give birth I lost 7lbs) I can't seem to lose more. The first week I started counting macros again I lost 4lbs (that was three weeks ago) but now I'm not losing at all. I am eating on average between 1600-1800 calories a day and working out for about 30 minutes a day. I do have to do low impact work outs (I had a cesection) but I am definitely breaking a sweat and pushing myself to work as hard as I can. The only thing I can guess is maybe something to do with my hormones getting back to normal? Has anyone else experienced this before?

Replies

• eshnna
    eshnna Posts: 109 Member
    Me! I did not lose the weight until I almost stopped nursing. I did not want to lose my milk supply either so I just forgot about it for a while. It did come off with hard work when my hormones were almost back to normal.
    With my second I did not even bother and just started this journey when she turned one.
  • adreal
    adreal Posts: 229 Member
    I had a hard time getting things back to normal after my section. But it does come together. Mine was 4 months old when I started back to walking again. Then I broke my wrist and it shut everything down. But it does get back to normal. I can tell things have changed but it does start coming off.
  • candacem1991
    candacem1991 Posts: 19 Member
    Thanks ladies at least I know I'm not alone lol. I'm trying to just stick to it but I gets a little discouraging when you work so hard but its not paying off.
  • kristydi
    kristydi Posts: 781 Member
    Give yourself a break. You grew an entire person in your body then had major abdominal surgery. It's only been 6 weeks. That's less than 2 months. You know how to lose weight. It will happen. Keep on keeping on. But be gentle with yourself. Give your body time to recover.
  • tazagel3005
    tazagel3005 Posts: 8 Member
    After I stopped nursing, that's when I noticed substantial weight loss. Take your time and enjoy your baby, they grow so fast!
  • labohn91
    labohn91 Posts: 113 Member
    First off congratulation on having a kid :) .
    How is your sleep, stress levels and home life? Are you mentally in a good state? (rhetorical)
    All these things factor in, plus you might need to eat a little less or you could be weighting things a little off.
    You could try adding 5-10 minutes to a few sessions or mix it up . Once we get adjusted to cardio we tend to do it more efficiently which is going to burn less calories.
  • seomra
    seomra Posts: 69 Member
    My little one was born the end of April, I lost 22lbs really quickly-I put on 35lbs during pregnancy and then for the month of June I lost nothing! Thankfully whatever hormonal change was going on I started losing again, I also starting tracking and weighing my food really carefully. As I'm nursing I do eat when hungry- even if it means going over my calories as I don't want to jeopardise my supply, I just make sure to eat healthier and pack in the protein. It's so hard when your baby is so small, lack of sleep is desperately hard- particularly if you're trying to exercise regularly. Go easy on yourself, you sound as if you've done well in the past, it will happen!