VP of my company asked me if I was pregnant!

SugarBearRetired
SugarBearRetired Posts: 76 Member
edited November 2023 in Health and Weight Loss
Um, no I'm not. I'm just a little fat. Can you believe how stupid people can be?? I wanted to crawl in a hole and die! He only sees me once or twice a year, and I must have put on a few. But really! He did feel terrible and kept apologizing....which only made it worse. My self esteem is in the toilet.

Replies

• SugarBearRetired
    Um, no I'm not. I'm just a little fat. Can you believe how stupid people can be?? I wanted to crawl in a hole and die! He only sees me once or twice a year, and I must have put on a few. But really! He did feel terrible and kept apologizing....which only made it worse. My self esteem is in the toilet.
  • jasip7
    jasip7 Posts: 24 Member
    Don't let it upset you. Someone at work asked if I was pregnant recently and this was after I lost 15 pounds! I had a blouse on you know one of those that are in style that flairs out a bit at the bottom. So this is no way a reflection of how you look. But I know how you feel....I would never ask a person that because I feel that is personal and someone would tell you if they want you to know. You are treading dangerous ground asking women that. I worked for an ob doc for years and know that question could also cause women heartache.
  • Skinnier_Me
    Skinnier_Me Posts: 341 Member
    Wow....

I just don't understand why people can't keep their mouths shut.
    If you're not sure if a woman is pregnant, stay shut... there is a posibility that she may NOT be expecting and you will seem like an *kitten*.

Don't let that person take your self esteem away sweetie.
    Let him feel bad and you continue working towards your goal.
  • pamelawh
    pamelawh Posts: 162 Member
    your best revenge is to be better and look better the next time you see him.

be careful that you talk positive to yourself and not negative. the thoughts you think about yourself can be damaging. even though he clearly demonstrated no tact, you can use this moment as a wakeup call and better yourself.
  • SugarBearRetired
    thanks for the support. I think I handled it well. He felt really bad, so I told him the next time I need a big favor he has to drop everything and help me out!
  • I like to use those moments to power me through a rugged cardio workout....when your struggling think about that incident. Just don't do it in anger; use it to motivate.
  • rtmazyck
    rtmazyck Posts: 7 Member
    hey, I am so sorry to read your story.

I know it hurts. So..., use it to help make you stronger. There's nothing I can say to make you feel better other than , we all make mistakes & say stupid things that hurt others. Sometimes intentionally and sometimes by accident. But it hurts nevertheless. Accept his apology & continue making yourself better (AS YOU ALREADY PLANNED).

Hey, Ive got a story too. I was in a dentist's office with a bad tooth that had to be extracted. While waiting, I sat in the chair. There was a lot of pain. The dentist came in & immediately said, "Oh yea, Robin. I see a lot of swelling there in your face. Let's take a look at that tooth because if may need to be taken out." "Doc!", i said, "the tooth is in my daughter's head over there. My face is just fat!" He was so shocked, he ran out & hid behind the corner, begging for forgiveness. I and my daughter laughed a lot.

It happens...,
  • frithir
    frithir Posts: 179 Member
    Oh do I well know the feeling! I especially love the look on their faces when I smile sweetly and tell them something like "well, considering I 've had a hysterectomy, I guess we need to either call the Pope or a good lawyer!" It's what you think of yourself that matters most, darling.
This discussion has been closed.