Replies

• 1QueenB
    1QueenB Posts: 227 Member
    Options
    Excellent and thanks!
  • 1QueenB
    1QueenB Posts: 227 Member
    Options
    Amazing, my daughter used to feel the same way and I have began this journey partly for her as well, because the only way she can be healthy is if I model being healthy for her!` It was not enough for me to just talk about it, I had to also "be" about it! Thanks!
  • jodi8135
    jodi8135 Posts: 13
    Options
    if you weigh in on tuesdays its ok because it is the same time every week but you have to really watch what you eat on monday and tuesdays. i use to only weigh in at weight watchers at 7pm so what i would do is stop eating and drinking at 3pm so my stomach would be emtpy. i dont think that would work for you since you are working out, maybe get weigh in before the work out and then have a light snack. and make sure you drink a lot of water. i was stuck for about a month and and a half at a 14lb lose and then all of a sudden the next month and a half i lost another 12lbs so dont work the check is in the mail:smile:. good luck it will all catch up
  • megamom
    megamom Posts: 920 Member
    Options
    When I finally got to the point that I decided I hated the way I looked and wanted to change I was like you, I wanted it now. I hated looking in the mirror. I had to work on getting the love for myself back.

I love myself, that is why I am sticking with my eating plan. I love my family, that is why I am doing this. I love eating well and how it makes me feel, that is why I am doing this. I love that I can exercise, that is why I am doing this. I love that I am strong enough to do this day in and day out, even when I am not seeing a loss because I know, I KNOW this is good for me and I love myself and want to be around as long as possible, even if it is only one day longer.

You have to get that kind of love for yourself in yourself to be successful then the weight loss will follow, I promise.
  • pmjsmom
    pmjsmom Posts: 1,926 Member
    Options
    I totally know how you feel, too! I have been bouncing up and down from 202 to 199 since I quit smoking in April. It is frustrating and there have been times when I just want to give up!

I do feel SO much better, though, and I know this is really just my metabolism adjusting to no tobacco and a greatly reduced nicotine intake (nicotine does raise the metabolism bit). After decades of a steady diet of nicotine it will take time for my body to adjust.

See, I KNOW these things but it is still SO frustrating to get on the scale and see no change! Even taking my measurements doesn't help--they haven't changed much, either! I am NOT giving up, however, because I know I will get over this plateau!

Hang in there! We're all with you!