Green tea detox?

Options

Replies

• BWBTrish
    BWBTrish Posts: 2,817 Member
    Options
    You would have to have a tremendous amount of tea in order to see any actual detox effects. I take a green tea extract supplement every day and it does wonders! :)

scientific links please of studies

My bet is you eat a a deficit too.

• mangrothian
    mangrothian Posts: 1,351 Member
    Options
    The only green tea detox I do is detoxing my wallet of cash to buy a green tea latte on occasion. Much more tasty, and it keeps my kidneys and liver employed.
  • Merkavar
    Merkavar Posts: 3,082 Member
    edited July 2015
    Options
    lksna2p447ze.jpg

Haven't see that pleb or what ever those colourful sugary bird things were detox in a while. Here is my joke detox. Joke as in don't try it.
  • professionalHobbyist
    professionalHobbyist Posts: 1,316 Member
    Options
    The word detox rings marketing scam to me

• Alatariel75
    Alatariel75 Posts: 17,959 Member
    Options
    I drink green tea every morning and have lost almost 60lbs!!!

... because I eat at a deficit. It's nothing to do with the tea.
  • mangrothian
    Options
    Merkavar wrote: »
    lksna2p447ze.jpg

Haven't see that pleb or what ever those colourful sugary bird things were detox in a while. Here is my joke detox. Joke as in don't try it.

You mean the Master Peep Cleanse? Yeah, Tincanonastring obviously hasn't been promoting it enough lately methinks. He really needs to get the book on Kindle or something :D

I'm a fan of the Haribo sugar free gummy bear cleanse. Best thing is, you can buy the bags in bulk!
  • mangrothian
    Options
  • BWBTrish
    BWBTrish Posts: 2,817 Member
    Options
    People can be so desperate..and the big companies loveeeee it! They all want your money
  • Tahlia68
    Tahlia68 Posts: 204 Member
    Options
    It's a scam green tea doesn't help you loose weight. Stick to CICO!!!
  • Orphia
    Orphia Posts: 7,097 Member
    Options
    I drink green tea and it made me lose weight!

I sneezed just now and that made my husband change the TV channel.

My cat jumped on the printer yesterday and that made the phone ring.

I was thinking about buying some new jeans and that made my sister email me a recipe for bacon-wrapped tater tots.

My lucky rabbit's foot is going to make me win the lottery next week.

;)
  • Therealobi1
    Therealobi1 Posts: 3,261 Member
    Options
    People can be so desperate..and the big companies loveeeee it! They all want your money

This.

p.s green tea is nasty.
  • Therealobi1
    Therealobi1 Posts: 3,261 Member
    Options
    Orphia wrote: »
    I drink green tea and it made me lose weight!

I sneezed just now and that made my husband change the TV channel.

My cat jumped on the printer yesterday and that made the phone ring.

I was thinking about buying some new jeans and that made my sister email me a recipe for bacon-wrapped tater tots.

My lucky rabbit's foot is going to make me win the lottery next week.

;)

pls pass it over to me when you are done, i will use it to give me six pack abs and win the lottery the week after you.
  • _The_Lone_Wolf_
    _The_Lone_Wolf_ Posts: 160 Member
    Options
    Tahlia68 wrote: »
    Uhm no.
    First off, green tea is consumed for centuries, its not a product made for scam as many modern products are, ofc green tea isnt some kind of miracle tea that works magic with losing weight but it contributes to losing weight.

You need to eat clean and workout to have any benefits from it, then green tea can boost your metabolism but too much green tea can be bad for you.

White tea is even healthier and have even more antioxidants than green tea.

• mangrothian
    Options
    80TAURUS80 wrote: »
    Uhm no.
    First off, green tea is consumed for centuries, its not a product made for scam as many modern products are, ofc green tea isnt some kind of miracle tea that works magic with losing weight but it contributes to losing weight.

You need to eat clean and workout to have any benefits from it, then green tea can boost your metabolism but too much green tea can be bad for you.

You're right, it is not a product made for scam. Unfortunately, people are turning it into one.

As to the rest of the post: Nope. Whole lotta nope.

You have to consume enormous amounts of green tea for it to cause any metabolic change. Nor do you need to 'eat clean' unless you're referring to washing your fruits and vegetables before you eat them.

It all comes down to Calories in < Calories out.
  • Merkavar
    Merkavar Posts: 3,082 Member
    Options
    80TAURUS80 wrote: »
    Uhm no.

I don't think people are saying green tea is useless. My understanding is that it is high in antioxidants etc

People are saying its a scam because of the bogus claims people make about it.

Like boosting your metabolism, as if a cup a day will allow you to continue eating 500 more calories a day than you need but still lose weight.

It's like the claim with drinking ice water or taking cold showers, sure there might be some calories burned to heat the water etc but it's so insignificant.

A nugget of truth doesn't make an extreme claim true.
  • stevencloser
    stevencloser Posts: 8,911 Member
    Options
    Green tea is delicious, but there's no significant effect towards fat loss or anything else at normal amounts consumed.
    Anecdotally, it may help get rid of water weight. Maybe.
  • Christine_72
    Christine_72 Posts: 16,049 Member
    Options
    I love black tea, and wish I enjoyed green tea, but I just cant :sick: I have tried many times to get the taste for it, and bought many different combinations, but they all taste like a dirt and grass mixture...
  • stevencloser
    stevencloser Posts: 8,911 Member
    Options
    It can taste very different depending on how it's made. The water can't be too hot and make sure you only keep it in the water for 2 minutes, 3 max.
  • Christine_72
    Christine_72 Posts: 16,049 Member
    Options
    It can taste very different depending on how it's made. The water can't be too hot and make sure you only keep it in the water for 2 minutes, 3 max.

Aaah that could be my problem, I let it steep for 15ish minutes so it was cool enough to chug down! I've still got a pack in the cupboard, might try adding a bit of cold water instead.