Any woman over 40 with thin husbands?

Options
ddo3805
ddo3805 Posts: 4 Member
I'm looking for "buddies" coming from similar situations. I was pretty trim with no exercise regime or diet through my early 40's and weighed @ 140. Now I'm pushing 165 and really don't have any practical knowledge about losing/maintaining weight. It's frustrating to have to try and cut out foods I love. I'm not a fast food addict or soft drink guzzler and I don't eat a lot of donuts, sugared drinks or the like. Also, it's difficult being married to a very thin husband who can eat whatever he wants. Anyone in a similar situation? I think I weigh more than my husband now . . . (Sigh)

Replies

• happymom221
    happymom221 Posts: 73 Member
    Options
    My husband is thin and I weighed about 50 pounds more than him. He ate right and worked out and lost 20 pounds. He wanted to be lean and lost the puffiness.

It took me a year of watching but I finally joined him. I have lost 60 pounds and my neighbor asked me about maintenance?

He needs to eat more than me. I often add a starch to the meal plan for my 3 guys. I pile in the veggies.

We also changes the way we socialize. We don't eat heavy and drink all night. We go to the YMCA or take a walk and limit cocktails to one. For me it has to be social- not just because.
    Good luck
  • christabelle66
    christabelle66 Posts: 83 Member
    Options
    I am 49 years old with a much thinner-- but not necessarily skinny-- husband. As he is six inched taller than I am, the fact that I weigh more than he does (by about 13 pounds), while eating a lot less, is kind of depressing. I highly recommend that you don't cut out foods that you love but start being really conscious about your portion sizes. I was shocked when I started recording everything I was eating on MFP. I eat a relatively healthy diet, but I was eating so much more than I realized. Sugar and chocolate are trigger foods for me and my way of handling this is to use chocolate protein powder in my smoothies a couple times a week but to only eat dessert once a week. I save it for the weekend and try to make it something really worth it to me, not a handful of oreos or stale Hersey kisses leftover from last Halloween!.
  • Allison1385
    Allison1385 Posts: 353 Member
    Options
    I'm 29....but you thin husband comment caught my eye! Mine is 6'1 and weighs 188...I learned a long time ago I can't keep up with his eating style! I am 5'7 and am at 190... all I want to do is weigh less than him lol soon! ;)
  • ddo3805
    ddo3805 Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    I guess it's just another thing in life that's not fair. I haven't come to terms with it. At least my husband isn't a big chocolate fan! Good luck with your losing. You have the right attitude.