Shooping list??? help?

2»

Replies

• bethlynne97
    bethlynne97 Posts: 4 Member
    Normally I scoff at rice cakes as the quintessential "diet food", BUT: the Quaker caramel rice cakes are really good!

Yeah they are! Same, I've never been a big fan of rice cakes, but those are pretty darn good. Also, Veggie Straws and Apple Straws are fantastic. Especially when you're craving chips but don't want all the fat or calories or ugh. Plus there's 38 "straws" in just one serving! I highly recommend the zesty ranch flavor. I usually hate ranch flavored things but I LOOOVE those! You have to try them! And the Apple straws
  • bethlynne97
    bethlynne97 Posts: 4 Member
    Liftng4Lis wrote: »
    lorrpb wrote: »
    Just about anything around the perimeter of the store except pastries and white bread.

qtggz05n8t5d.jpeg

OP, again, you don't have to give up anything.

Yeah, they sell the healthier things around the perimeter of the grocery store. I just found that out last week too. Lol
  • Queenmunchy
    Queenmunchy Posts: 3,380 Member
    Step One: Figure out what meals you want to eat.
    Step Two: Figure out what ingredients go in those meals.
    Step Three: Generate list based on Step Two.

No one can tell you what you should be buying. Just buy food to make what you like, and track it to make sure you're under your calories for the day/week/whatever.
    This is exactly what my shopping list for every 2-3 weeks is like, and then I go on to cook those dishes, freeze them in portions, and we end up with a plethora of meals to choose from for months.
  • diannethegeek
    diannethegeek Posts: 14,776 Member
    Just about anything around the perimeter of the store except pastries and white bread.

qtggz05n8t5d.jpeg

Yeah, I would miss a lot of my staples if I stuck to the perimeter religiously. Frozen veggies, frozen fruit, canned tuna, rice, beans, quinoa, peanut butter, plain oats. In some stores I wouldn't be able to get nuts or bread. I get the point of the advice (usually) but I'd never stick with it, myself.
  • Liftng4Lis
    Liftng4Lis Posts: 15,151 Member

qtggz05n8t5d.jpeg

Yeah, they sell the healthier things around the perimeter of the grocery store. I just found that out last week too. Lol

I was questioning this bolded part, not where in the grocery one obtains it.
  • Blueseraphchaos
    Blueseraphchaos Posts: 843 Member
    I have these outshine tangerine carrot popsicles in my freezer that are 60 cals and a great way to sneak in some tiny bit of fruit and veggies (or just a great way to eat popsicles).

As for me, since i am right ill, I'm chowing down on my local convenience store's orange creamsicle smoothies. :D