Options
2»

Replies

• SLLRunner
    SLLRunner Posts: 12,943 Member
    Options
    annette_15 wrote: »
    betuel75 wrote: »
    most people dont care. I on the other hand cannot do nothing about a 6-8k calorie binge. Two pounds of fat will show. The next two days i eat about 500 calories, mainly protein. Take advantage of the energy and hit the weights hard and do many many hours of cardio(mountain bike rides) and any other kind of activity i can think of to have big burn days to fix the screw up quickly. Oh i make sure i dont forget to take my multi vitamin ;)

Please take care of yourself. What you're doing is not good for your body or your mind.

These are my sentiments exactly.
  • Glampinupdoll
    Glampinupdoll Posts: 234 Member
    Options
    I look at how far over I am. Like today I was 390 over but still in then calorie range for weightloss...just not on target "today" for 2 lbs. a week. Moving on...tomorrow is a new page in the diary :)
  • BWBTrish
    BWBTrish Posts: 2,817 Member
    Options
    @SLLRunner am i here or not lol
  • DoogCampbell
    DoogCampbell Posts: 53 Member
    Options
    Not wanting to give you excuses for doing it often but your body generally ignores single 'spikes'. Its what you do over time that counts. If you didn't eat for one day do you expect that weight to fall off you? Likewise even on a massive binge, there is only so much of that energy that your body can process and store as fat or glycogen so a bunch will get passed by. Don't worry about the spikes as long as they are not becoming a trend.
  • betuel75
    betuel75 Posts: 776 Member
    Options
    annette_15 wrote: »
    betuel75 wrote: »
    most people dont care. I on the other hand cannot do nothing about a 6-8k calorie binge. Two pounds of fat will show. The next two days i eat about 500 calories, mainly protein. Take advantage of the energy and hit the weights hard and do many many hours of cardio(mountain bike rides) and any other kind of activity i can think of to have big burn days to fix the screw up quickly. Oh i make sure i dont forget to take my multi vitamin ;)

Please take care of yourself. What you're doing is not good for your body or your mind.

um, i take care of myself. This method is just fine. I take two days at very low cal then back up to normal deficit. Im just fine. Been doing this for years, no health issues. No mental issues. Feel just fine. Thanks for worrying.
  • SLLRunner
    SLLRunner Posts: 12,943 Member
    Options
    @SLLRunner am i here or not lol

You ineed are. :)
  • NoIdea101NoIdea
    NoIdea101NoIdea Posts: 659 Member
    Options
    I had one of those yesterday-just forget about it, and start anew the next day. It's life, it's going to happen!
  • arditarose
    arditarose Posts: 15,575 Member
    Options
    kae612 wrote: »
    arditarose wrote: »
    I usually account for a pretty high day and use a weekly deficit. If I go over what I've accounted for, I log it, realize I may lose less than I hoped, and move on.

How do you calculate a weekly deficit?

I use the weekly option under "nutrition" and set my week for Monday-Sunday. I don't necessarily use TDEE, but I don't do cardio--so MFP gives me my TDEE. My weight training just falls into my daily activity level. If you're adding your exercise in, nothing would change really. You can decide when you want to eat those calories back.

Every Monday I go an log something around maintenance or above for Saturday (quick add) and then start planning my week around what I have left. I don't recommend this to people with aggressive deficits though.
  • Francl27
    Francl27 Posts: 26,371 Member
    Options
    Not wanting to give you excuses for doing it often but your body generally ignores single 'spikes'. Its what you do over time that counts. If you didn't eat for one day do you expect that weight to fall off you? Likewise even on a massive binge, there is only so much of that energy that your body can process and store as fat or glycogen so a bunch will get passed by. Don't worry about the spikes as long as they are not becoming a trend.

Quite sure it's not how it works... Quite sure energy doesn't 'get passed by'.

But I look at the weekly average too. If I eat too much one day, I just try to be more careful the next few days. Heck even if I eat 1200 calories over my maintenance (that's 3600 calories in a day!), it just takes me 3 days of my 400 deficit to make up for it. Not the end of the world.
  • berriboobear
    berriboobear Posts: 524 Member
    Options
    I had a pretty "bad" weekend in my books... ate a bit too many carbs and had some drinks. In a sense, it was refreshing after sticking so strictly to my macros, but I also tend to feel extremely guilty after the fact.

Now, it's just looking forward and sticking to my macros and staying focused on smashing PRs in the gym. Live and learn. Often, it's just not worth going overboard, I've definitely learned that in hindsight!
  • jmessina205
    jmessina205 Posts: 190 Member
    Options
    115Everest wrote: »
    Honestly? I just forget about it. If I try to make up for it, it's either too much exercise or I'm starving. I just resume business as usual starting with the next meal.

^^This. Everyone has bad days/meals. I do pretty well during the week but sometimes weekends are rough. I just move on and try to make better choices the next time.

• misterdale67
    misterdale67 Posts: 171 Member
    Options
    The times I have gone over, I subtract the amount from the next day. It keeps me accountable.