What do you eat for protein?

Options
2»

Replies

• lemurcat12
    lemurcat12 Posts: 30,886 Member
    Options
    Meat (this includes fish and shellfish), lowfat dairy (especially cottage cheese and greek yogurt), eggs, beans, plus some in cheese and oats/other grains and occasionally protein powder (I like it in oatmeal, mainly) or a Quest bar.

If you are concerned with getting more protein without increasing calories leaner meats like chicken and turkey, most fish, many cuts of pork and beef and lamb, and of course game can be helpful. I don't eat a lot of higher fat meats like sausage and do like lowfat dairy, so I tend not to worry about it too much and go for variety vs. endless skinless chicken breast.
  • Pinesgurl
    Pinesgurl Posts: 39 Member
    Options
    :)
  • Pinesgurl
    Options
    Kalikel wrote: »
    Meat
    Tuna
    Cottage cheese
    Eggs
    Beans
    Tofu
    Edamame

I need to eat beans more often and make a hummus I like.

• Pinesgurl
    Options
    Love it. I love Trader Joe's spicy hummus because I do not like bland. You could probably replica that. Or make beet hummus or sweet potato hummus.
  • Pinesgurl
    Options
    Cows pigs and chickens mainly. Occasionally a fish. Peas, beans, peanut butter, cheese milk and yogurt to.

• Pinesgurl
    Options
    Yep just like me
  • flamingblades
    flamingblades Posts: 311 Member
    Options
    I stick mostly to poultry or protein shakes (I don't like fish). Poultry is really low in calories. A 1/4 lb. lean turkey patty is under 200 calories. I've lost 40 pounds in about six months just by counting calories and cutting out soda and red meat at least 6 days a week.

I did an experiment a long time ago, and went off beef for an entire year. I had blood work done before I started and had it done after (1 year) My bad cholesterol decreased by half and my triglycerides were down 70 points! That was without exercise changes or other food choices. That's why I limit my steak to 2 or 3 times a year, just so chicken and shrimp don't get gross to me. I am thinking about adding turkey sausage to my eggs in the AM.
  • Pinesgurl
    Options
    Dead things, dairy and protein supplements.

I love the dead things