Anybody with problems with atrial fibrillation?

Options
Hi - just wondering if anybody here has problems with afib? I have had afib for the past 5 or 6 years and would like to connect with anybody who does as well.

Replies

• suz155
    suz155 Posts: 326 Member
    Options
    Hi there,,,,,yup, Ive got A-fib. I understand,,,only too well.
  • scolaris
    scolaris Posts: 2,145 Member
    Options
    Please check it out thoroughly. I have a dear friend who has been treated for this intermittently over about 10 years, with nothing conclusive ever being decided. She just found out she has a very serious cancer that grew & metastasized undetected during this same time frame. I'm not saying this to be a Debbie Downer. And correlation does not imply causality. Just the same, tell your docs you want to be completely vetted on this. Digging a little deeper might have offered her more options earlier on...
  • Colorscheme
    Colorscheme Posts: 1,179 Member
    Options
    I don't have A fib, I have ventricular tachyardia. Have you seen an electrophysiologist to rule out AVNRT? I am just asking because I am having an EP study as the doc thinks I may have an extra pathway somewhere. I also have a loop recorder implanted.
  • Mongo5918
    Mongo5918 Posts: 27 Member
    Options
    I had A-fib for about 12 years. It started with a bout every year for a day or two. It kept getting closer between bouts and they lasted longer. Around 5 or 6 years ago I just stayed in A-fib all of the time. In March I had a Hybrid Ablation and I have been in perfect rhythm since the day they did it. I was out of the hospital the day after surgery and a day later went to my nieces wedding in a town a couple hundred miles away. I had no pain from the surgery, they only make tiny incisions below the breastbone and in the groin.
    Talk to your cardiologist about it, I have the energy that I had 25 years ago and feel fantastic.
  • Nursie863
    Nursie863 Posts: 55 Member
    Options
    I have PAC's, or premature atrial contractions, which can be unnerving to have as well. Get dizzy and short of breath sometimes, and the feeling of palpitations is unpleasant. Are you on some type of blood thinner, like Coumadin? I hope so, since afib puts you at fairly high risk for blood clots. If it is severe, cardioversion or ablation are also options to consider. You probably already know this due to having afib for several years.