CNA job

Options
i work as a "pool" CNA currently. I usually work 1-2x a week. I have my activity level set to "lightly active " because I am a mom/nursing student most days. How do I count the days when I am at work? I know my calories burned are much higher those days.

Replies

• Liftng4Lis
    Liftng4Lis Posts: 15,150 Member
    Options
    Do you have an activity tracker?
  • DavPul
    DavPul Posts: 61,406 Member
    Options
    I wouldn't make any changes
  • labohn91
    labohn91 Posts: 113 Member
    Options
    Unless you are dropping weight sickly fast don't change a thing. Sickly like 10+ pounds a week.
  • kvansteen
    kvansteen Posts: 82 Member
    Options
    No activity tracker. I'm dropping about 2lbs a week now. I'm only about 15lbs over my goal weight. My problem is that I am still breastfeeding my son and I don't want to lose my supply due to lack of calories. Plus when we're short (like today) I don't get a lunch.
  • lorrpb
    lorrpb Posts: 11,464 Member
    Options
    What does your doctor say about your rate of weight loss? If 2 lbs per week is too much, increase your activity level or decrease your weekly goal on MFP, which will give you more calories. And make sure you eat snacks or something when you don't get a lunch break, to keep your calorie intake where it needs to be.
  • Hearts_2015
    Hearts_2015 Posts: 12,031 Member
    edited July 2015
    Options
    kvansteen wrote: »
    No activity tracker. I'm dropping about 2lbs a week now. I'm only about 15lbs over my goal weight. My problem is that I am still breastfeeding my son and I don't want to lose my supply due to lack of calories. Plus when we're short (like today) I don't get a lunch.

@kvansteen
    Have you increased your calories to take into account the breast feeding? I think it's 300 more a day, someone can correct me if I'm mistaken. ;)

I definitely agree with @lorrpb.. if you can't eat 'lunch' try to make up for lunch via small snacks through out the day. If you weren't breastfeeding it wouldn't be maybe quite as big a deal if it happened every so often. Breastfeeding and not eating isn't a good match. I'm sure you've noticed how it effects your energy level and of course it effects the baby as well.

You take good care and do check in with your Dr., one of the nurses in his office or even help from a local La Leche League would be very helpful. Groups like that are a pool of women that have been through it and love to share tips that they've learned along the way.

Here's a Google link to find online support even for Breastfeeding Mums: https://www.google.com/?gws_rd=ssl#q=breast+feeding+support+groups+name

We're not probably the best source for this type of thing, of course we all care but checking in with a professional would probably get you the fastest and best response. :smiley: