What should I do if I've eaten too much?

Options
We went out to dinner, and I don't know exactly how much I ate, but I'm sure it had to have been over my calorie goal. We went out for Chinese, and it was loaded with sodium. I tried drinking a ton of water too, but when I was done I felt so full and bloated and uncomfortable. I can't go outside right now since it is literally pouring down rain. What should I do? Drink more water? Take a hot bath?

Replies

• tomatoey
    tomatoey Posts: 5,446 Member
    Options
    Just log it, digest it, and start the clock again tomorrow.
  • choligeetu
    choligeetu Posts: 22 Member
    Options
    Definitely not to exercise after meal. Just drink some water or tea (helps digestion) and try to eat less tomorrow you'll be fine!
  • debubbie
    debubbie Posts: 767 Member
    Options
    tomatoey wrote: »
    Just log it, digest it, and start the clock again tomorrow.

This, unless you have a way to do some exercises inside the house to burn some calories to minimize the calorie consumption. You will not always be able to stay under calorie goals every single day, it is when you continuously go over your calorie goal everyday by 1,000 calories that you are going to have a problem. Also, if I know that I am going to be eating out I try to exercise before going out, eating a little less calories before eating out to "save" some for that meal, drink water with lemon instead of calorie laden drinks, and try to research what my best options to eat before going out for the meal.
  • azulvioleta6
    azulvioleta6 Posts: 4,195 Member
    Options
    Why did you do it in the first place?

Don't do it again...that's really your only option.
  • Machka9
    Machka9 Posts: 25,219 Member
    Options
    I can't go outside right now since it is literally pouring down rain.

Rain boots
    Rain jacket
    Umbrella

Go for a brisk walk. :)

Or if you really don't want to go outside ... do you have stairs in your house? Walk up and down the stairs for half an hour. Then try to be as active as possible for the next little while. Clean the house, rearrange the spare room, etc.

• Machka9
    Machka9 Posts: 25,219 Member
    Options
    debubbie wrote: »
    Also, if I know that I am going to be eating out I try to exercise before going out, eating a little less calories before eating out to "save" some for that meal, drink water with lemon instead of calorie laden drinks, and try to research what my best options to eat before going out for the meal.

This ^^

• eshnna
    eshnna Posts: 109 Member
    Options
    I do an indoor quick walk using a JessicaSmithTV youtube video. Loooove her videos.
  • Blueseraphchaos
    Blueseraphchaos Posts: 843 Member
    Options
    Log it, move right along, back on track.
  • KeKeSmith92
    KeKeSmith92 Posts: 6 Member
    edited July 2015
    Options
    Lesli Sansone walk away the pounds intervals! 15min workout will do the trick
  • Christine_72
    Christine_72 Posts: 16,049 Member
    Options
    Log it, move right along, back on track.

yep. What's done is done..

• labohn91
    labohn91 Posts: 113 Member
    Options
    Relax you ate food, you didn't kill anyone I hope. Just walk a little more tomorrow, stop making this a all or nothing nightmare cult.