UP app & MFP

Lee2023
Lee2023 Posts: 1 Member
I have a jawbone 24. Should i log my exercises in the UP app or MFP? Does the UP app let me put in specific calories burned or just judging by the intensity I say the workout was?

Replies

• lilteddy78
    lilteddy78 Posts: 93 Member
    I now have the Up3. I usually let my up band calculate how many calories burned as it goes by the information you have put into it. ie; height, weight, gender When I got the original Up band I used it to determine how much I was doing. I lost 90lbs. It up to you which way you want to go but I feel the band is better than putting in a specific number of calories burned.
  • editorgrrl
    editorgrrl Posts: 7,060 Member
    Your UP total burn is TDEE. No need to log any step-based activity—your UP is tracking it for you. Log non-step exercise (like swimming or biking) either in the UP app or in MFP—never both. Exercise logged in MFP overwrites your UP burn during that time.

PS. You can find UP teammates in the Jawbone UP Bracelet group: http://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/group/13420-jawbone-up-bracelet
    Lee2023 wrote: »
    Does the UP app let me put in specific calories burned or just judging by the intensity I say the workout was?

Just the intensity. If you have a heart-rate monitor, log your burn in MFP. If not—trust your UP.