Welcome to Fun and Games! Many of the discussions in this category are games based on responding to the most recent comment. Please take a moment to refresh the page and make sure you are replying to the most recent comment to keep the game going!

Let's have an actual chat - no "would you date/*kitten*/marry/add the person below you" games

Options

Replies

• Noelv1976
    Noelv1976 Posts: 18,948 Member
    Options
    I've done so many I lost count. And yes, preparation is key
  • OneHundredToLose
    OneHundredToLose Posts: 8,523 Member
    Options
    I have bad arches, so I need to lose a good amount of weight before I can do any significant amount of running. Right now it's murder on my feet.
  • synchkat
    synchkat Posts: 37,368 Member
    Options
    What about getting orthotics. I have screwed up everything.
  • OneHundredToLose
    Options
    I have special insoles, but it still hurts to run. I think once I drop 30 - 40 lbs it won't be so bad. I walk 2 miles each way to work and back as of now, and I can do that without too much foot pain
  • synchkat
    Options
    Well that's a lot. You'll work up to running I'm sure. all in due course
  • mhiggi02
    mhiggi02 Posts: 5,988 Member
    Options
    I have special insoles, but it still hurts to run. I think once I drop 30 - 40 lbs it won't be so bad. I walk 2 miles each way to work and back as of now, and I can do that without too much foot pain

Dude you can do it. I started running when i had 90+ lbs to lose. Start small, be consistent and persistent. You can do it. There is a runner in you!
  • mhiggi02
    mhiggi02 Posts: 5,988 Member
    Options
    synchkat wrote: »
    Do you like running? I've decided I'm going to be a runner seems like it might be fun

You should sooo become a runner. Hey, ever heard of the book Born to Run? Worth a read! My friend Donna recommended it several years ago,
  • synchkat
    Options
    mhiggi02 wrote: »
    synchkat wrote: »
    Do you like running? I've decided I'm going to be a runner seems like it might be fun

You should sooo become a runner. Hey, ever heard of the book Born to Run? Worth a read! My friend Donna recommended it several years ago,

Someone actually recommended that book to me today. I get bored reading though
  • Iscah13
    Iscah13 Posts: 1,954 Member
    Options
    Whenever I try to run I am reminded of how much my body can jiggle. Makes me sad.
  • kaylaybanez
    kaylaybanez Posts: 38 Member
    Options
    I'm a 25 year old mother of two from Chicago :)
  • OneHundredToLose
    Options
    I definitely intend to start running. I'm just hoping to lose a little weight first so it's easier
  • synchkat
    Options
    I think you're on the right track...start with the walking...at least you're trying
  • Becka4Real
    Becka4Real Posts: 1,527 Member
    Options
    I think if I ran with other people I'd be motivated enough to keep going. When I run alone, I'm like, girl, just walk. Lol
  • synchkat
    Options
    I'm going to take up running...so.let's plan to do like a run somewhere together.
  • Becka4Real
    Becka4Real Posts: 1,527 Member
    Options
    I would run with you. You would look sooooo hot running next to me. Lol!!
  • MondayJune22nd2015
    MondayJune22nd2015 Posts: 876 Member
    edited September 2015
    Options
    I don't run, unless I have to. When I am able to run, I can run fast but I can't run for more than a block & running slower, doesn't increase my ability; to run further/actually it does the opposite because when I run slower, I work harder; to move & that thus depletes my energy faster. Whereas if I'm running fast, the momentum; makes it easier to achieve a further distance but stopping, causes me to work as hard; as running slower does because I am then going against, the momentum.
  • kaylaybanez
    kaylaybanez Posts: 38 Member
    Options
    I only run if I'm being chased by bees lol
  • OneHundredToLose
    Options
    I have to get my running ability up before the zombie apocalypse :tongue:
  • handyrunner
    handyrunner Posts: 32,662 Member
    Options
    I don't run, unless I have to. When I am able to run, I can run fast but I can't run for more than a block & running slower, doesn't increase my ability; to run further/actually it does the opposite because when I run slower, I work harder; to move & that thus depletes my energy faster. Whereas if I'm running fast, the momentum; makes it easier to achieve a further distance but stopping, causes me to work as hard; as running slower does because I am then going against, the momentum.

I'm sorry friend but what??? Lol
  • synchkat
    Options
    Becka4prez wrote: »
    I would run with you. You would look sooooo hot running next to me. Lol!!

Omg this is hilarious. let's have drinks then run.