Have you tried GLP1 medications and found it didn't work for you? We'd like to hear about your experiences, what you tried, why it didn't work and how you're doing now. Click here to tell us your story

Gaining weight while on vacation....

Monklady123
Monklady123 Posts: 512 Member
edited July 2015 in Health and Weight Loss
So, I just got back from a week at the beach. This was a trip for just me and my daughter (husband and son had something else exciting to do). Before I left I decided that I wasn't going to worry about losing weight and wasn't going to miss eating any yummy beach things. I walked a lot, ate what I wanted -- including boardwalk fries, ice cream, crepes (omg, Nutella, pb and banana crepe), and breakfast at the bed-and-breakfast where we stayed. I am pleased to say that I only gained 1.6 pounds. And I gained a great time with my daughter. :)

Back on track now, starting today. Weighing, writing it down, and back to the gym.

I see a lot of people asking on the forums about how to handle vacations so just thought I'd mention my experience. It seems to me that being too obsessive about counting every calorie while on a lovely vacation might just ruin some of the fun.

Also, I saw a whale at the beach, my first ever! (Delaware). :):):)

Replies

• rachelbouc
    rachelbouc Posts: 65 Member
    Congrats! That's less than what i gained when i went to Germany. I gained 5 lbs there. I did a lot more walking too, but i guess the doenners and pasteries did me in. So congrats again!