Nutritional values after intra-gastric balloon placement

Options
Hi
I'm in dire need of the recommended nutritional values I should have on a daily basis as the app tells me what i should be having on my normal daily calories this is now no longer relevant to me as I am going to struggle eating 800 calories a day instead of the 2700 the app recommends now
I had the intra-gastric balloon fitted on wed 22 July 2015 and (4 days ago) and yesterday was the first day of normal "sloppy foods".
Is it going to be possible without supplements?
do i just divide the values in the app roughly by 3 and that will be enough?
If i'm going to need supplements any recommendations ie individual supplements or multi's ?
any other advice greatly appreciated too and good luck to all in the bulge
Gary
5419052.png

Replies

• BigGuy47
    BigGuy47 Posts: 1,768 Member
    Options
    Ask your doctor. Did they put the thing in and say good luck? Are you working with a nutritionist ?
  • garywilson4
    garywilson4 Posts: 6 Member
    edited July 2015
    Options
    pretty much tbh I have a follow up appointment in September and I'm just struggling to find out if the nutritional values are going to be the same or are they reduced along with the calories i.e the app says my goal should be 134 g of protein but is based on 2700 cals a day do i still aim to get that much protein or do i reduce it? I'd be happier knowing to just get as much in as i can but i don't want to start stretching my stomach and I'm trying to avoid tablets (supplements) as i don't like them but I'm already on 7 different ones 9 if you include the pain relief and the anti sickness that i don't need at the moment
  • Ultima_Morpha
    Ultima_Morpha Posts: 895 Member
    Options
    Um...your surgeon's office should have provided you with a complete meal plan, suggestions, etc. Call them today and make them do their job.
  • Ultima_Morpha
    Ultima_Morpha Posts: 895 Member
    Options
    You may very well need vitamin and mineral supplementation for a while (or longer) until your stomach capacity adjusts and you're able to eat a full variety of foods.
  • 6502programmer
    6502programmer Posts: 515 Member
    Options
    @garywilson4 seconded on following up with your doctor's office. Providing you with the services of a dietitian to help you navigate the next six months is part of the services they're supposed to provide. You need to make sure you're getting enough nutrition in your hopefully reduced volume of food.
  • garywilson4
    garywilson4 Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    i have a follow up appointment in september but i will phone them now to ask to speak to the dietitian thanks all