I wantto quit quitting I want to stop stopping

Options
My Fitness Pal is an amazing app It has benefited countless of users of the app in countless of ways and it helps them to have a form of accountability with what they eat. As well as keep track of their caloric intake , ect . so what about me? Why is it that I can't be regular and persistent with this app and use it on a daily basis?it seems like one bad day or even one bad meal, throws every effort to use the app and track everything I eat and be responsible out the window. How do you do it ? I ask all you who have stuck with it for more than a week

Replies

• queenliz99
    queenliz99 Posts: 15,317 Member
    Options
    I made it a habit of logging everyday. Bad days are going to happen, don't let it get you down. You can do this!!
  • healthygreek
    healthygreek Posts: 2,137 Member
    Options
    You have to pick yourself up immediately after you eat in excess and continue on your way.
    The people who do this have been shown to have the most success.
    You really have to want it enough also.
  • yopeeps025
    yopeeps025 Posts: 8,680 Member
    Options
    You have to pick yourself up immediately after you eat in excess and continue on your way.
    The people who do this have been shown to have the most success.
    You really have to want it enough also.

Once that happens eating in calorie deficit is very easy.

• ninerbuff
    ninerbuff Posts: 48,704 Member
    Options
    Straight honesty here: you're not COMMITTED. You may have desire, but that's not the same as commitment. Come hell or high water, regardless of obstacles, deterrences and setbacks, you continue till you're done. That's how successful people get it done. There will ALWAYS be failure along the way, but CONSISTENCY always gets you back on track.

A.C.E. Certified Personal and Group Fitness Trainer
    IDEA Fitness member
    Kickboxing Certified Instructor
    Been in fitness for 30 years and have studied kinesiology and nutrition

9285851.png
  • TeaBea
    TeaBea Posts: 14,517 Member
    Options
    queenliz99 wrote: »
    I made it a habit of logging everyday. Bad days are going to happen, don't let it get you down. You can do this!!

This^

You do NOT have to be perfect to lose weight, you just need to make better decisions more often. Everyone has bad days. Shrug it off....move on.

2 steps forward and 1 step back....is still progress.