Am 61 years old but fit. Does anyone know any good diet and exercise tips for me

Options
Pcon2
Pcon2 Posts: 16 Member
I can't to too much lifting of weights or do hard of things because I have fibromyalgia but I walk for 45 brisk walk every morning super early. I do a few machines at the gym but am wondering if I should be doing more......Patti

Replies

• lorrpb
    lorrpb Posts: 11,464 Member
    Options
    I would do as much as you can tolerate, including light dumbbells.
  • mrsdrshot
    mrsdrshot Posts: 154 Member
    Options
    Sounds like you're doing quite a lot right now. For anything more specific, I'd actually check with your doc, and maybe a trainer. Best of luck!
  • Healthydiner65
    Healthydiner65 Posts: 1,579 Member
    Options
    I also walk daily per Doctors orders but I recently started some classes at my gym for seniors which include chair yoga and stretching. It has already started to help my chronic sciatica and makes me feel more flexible. You can send me a friend request if you like.
  • suruda
    suruda Posts: 1,233 Member
    Options
    I also think yoga or pilates are great for all ages. That being said, not all instructors are good about accommodating beginners so if you try it and it isn't for you, try again with a different instructor. The stretching and using your own body as resistance are all good!