I wont lose any weight.......... AM i doing something wrong

Options
Hey everyone, so I am currently 5'6 and 205-206 depending on day........ But i have been working 4-5 times a week for the past 3-4 weeks and i have been eating ona 1350 calorie with lots of healty eating, greeen tea at night before bed. I currently just entered warm lemon water in the morning 1 hour before breakfast. For workouts i used JUlian Michaels banish fat boost metabolism workout dvd, and mix it Zumba on the days i dont feel like doing extreme cardio and stregnth training, although the zumba I do use is a cardio based one. But julian is more hardcore building msucles, anyways I weight myself and i see no lwoer number yet people around me notice a differnce on my stomach and legs, I look and feel a bit more toned and a bit slimmer but the scale isnt happening, why not? ANy ideas???? any tips!! help guys!!!!!

Replies

• janejellyroll
    janejellyroll Posts: 25,763 Member
    Options
    This may be a logging issue. If you open your diary, you may get more useful advice. Are you weighing your food on a scale? Entering your own recipes or using generic database information?
  • Sued0nim
    Sued0nim Posts: 17,456 Member
    Options
    Hey everyone, so I am currently 5'6 and 205-206 depending on day........ But i have been working 4-5 times a week for the past 3-4 weeks and i have been eating ona 1350 calorie with lots of healty eating, greeen tea at night before bed. I currently just entered warm lemon water in the morning 1 hour before breakfast. For workouts i used JUlian Michaels banish fat boost metabolism workout dvd, and mix it Zumba on the days i dont feel like doing extreme cardio and stregnth training, although the zumba I do use is a cardio based one. But julian is more hardcore building msucles, anyways I weight myself and i see no lwoer number yet people around me notice a differnce on my stomach and legs, I look and feel a bit more toned and a bit slimmer but the scale isnt happening, why not? ANy ideas???? any tips!! help guys!!!!!

Are you weighing your foods and logging it accurately

Lemon water does nothing

How many calories are you estimating you're burning in your workouts and are you eating them back?

And also give it more time, weight loss isn't linear and if you've only just stated exercising water retention might balance out any initial loss...give it 6-8 weeks

Read http://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/discussion/1080242/a-guide-to-get-you-started-on-your-path-to-sexypants/p1

And http://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/discussion/1296011/calorie-counting-101/p1
  • jemhh
    jemhh Posts: 14,261 Member
    Options
    This may be a logging issue. If you open your diary, you may get more useful advice. Are you weighing your food on a scale? Entering your own recipes or using generic database information?

This.

At your current weight and calorie level, you should be losing weight each week. My guess is you are not weighing or measuring or logging accurately. That's the #1 problem that newbies run into. Get a digital scale and use it and use good entries in the MFP diary (e.g., use the nutrition label from your food or use USDA entries.)
  • kk_inprogress
    kk_inprogress Posts: 3,077 Member
    Options
    rabbitjb wrote: »

Are you weighing your foods and logging it accurately

Lemon water does nothing

How many calories are you estimating you're burning in your workouts and are you eating them back?

And also give it more time, weight loss isn't linear and if you've only just stated exercising water retention might balance out any initial loss...give it 6-8 weeks

Read http://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/discussion/1080242/a-guide-to-get-you-started-on-your-path-to-sexypants/p1

And http://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/discussion/1296011/calorie-counting-101/p1

+1 and don't listen to the scale. If you feel better and people are noticing, enjoy that. Maybe use measurements instead of a scale number.