How fat are you?

Options

Replies

• nikkiworld2
    nikkiworld2 Posts: 75 Member
    Options
    about 50% i think .. theres a size zero in here somewhere!!!!!!

Division by zero is an operation for which you cannot find an answer, so it is disallowed. You can understand why if you think about how division and multiplication are related. But no value would work for x because 0 times any number is 0. So division by zero doesn't work.

So no. Sorry to burst your bubble. But there might be a really hot size six in there trying to getout. :flowerforyou:

What is all this "division by zero" explanation??? Original poster just wants to be a size zero, which does exist. Not a math problem by far! Not everything is complicated, lol.
  • senecarr
    senecarr Posts: 5,377 Member
    Options

Division by zero is an operation for which you cannot find an answer, so it is disallowed. You can understand why if you think about how division and multiplication are related. But no value would work for x because 0 times any number is 0. So division by zero doesn't work.

So no. Sorry to burst your bubble. But there might be a really hot size six in there trying to getout. :flowerforyou:

Understands a slightly esoteric mathematical concept like division by zero is undefined.
    Doesn't understand the highly common concept of how women's clothing sizes work.
  • floyd1970
    floyd1970 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    I am a new member,started about one week ago--have lost about 2-3 lbs. I have a long way to go! I have a really bad diabetic husband, and watching him go down, after 45 years of marriage is really hard! I need to lose the extra weight so bad!! my health is declining-so I would appreciate all the prayers and support I can get!! love you all-we're in this battle of the bulge together!!! faye
  • MarziPanda95
    MarziPanda95 Posts: 1,326 Member
    Options
    Not as fat as I was. Still a bit more fat than I would like.
  • T1DCarnivoreRunner
    T1DCarnivoreRunner Posts: 11,502 Member
    Options
    206% of what I would like to be...

Based on best available information, my body fat % is about 22% and weight about 168 lbs. (approx. 37 lbs. fat)

If my goal is 12% body fat (not super lean, but respectable), then I need to lose 19 lbs. of fat. Assuming I only lose fat and no muscle, yet also do not gain muscle, then 168-19 = 149 lbs. leaving 18 lbs. remaining. 18/149 = about 12% body fat

So now that we know the lbs. of fat currently and the lbs. of fat goal, just calculate current / goal: 37/18 = 206%

*Based on best available information.
  • senecarr
    senecarr Posts: 5,377 Member
    Options
    senecarr wrote: »

Understands a slightly esoteric mathematical concept like division by zero is undefined.
    Doesn't understand the highly common concept of how women's clothing sizes work.

Pssssh, the manufacturers can't even agree on what a size zero actually is. And that's before we get into American vs. European sizing. Don't ask the impossible of me.

It might be possible to divide by an American size zero, but definitely not a European one.

Bridgekeeper: What... is the air-speed velocity of an unladen swallow?
    King Arthur: What do you mean? An African or European swallow?
    Bridgekeeper: Huh? I... I don't know that.

Can't be any harder than bra sizing, and I'm quite adept in that. :wink:

I was almost about to write on my original post, then again no one knows seems to know what a size zero is, only what fits.
  • alpha_515
    alpha_515 Posts: 230 Member
    Options
    10% bf
  • Steam_Powered_Awesome
    Steam_Powered_Awesome Posts: 301 Member
    Options
    Enough fat that my *kitten* will knock me off balance on the treadmill if I'm not careful Lol.
  • barbecuesauce
    barbecuesauce Posts: 1,779 Member
    Options
    Lost fat in the wrong places, kept it in the wrong places
  • lislisa123
    lislisa123 Posts: 595 Member
    Options
    I'm obese. :( need to lose lots to be a healthy weight.
  • EnrgizerBnny
    EnrgizerBnny Posts: 1,082 Member
    Options
    I have more fat than needed some places Id rather not have but others Im so glad I do!
  • asianfashionista86
    asianfashionista86 Posts: 5,045 Member
    Options
    Fat enouGH that I still can lose weight lol
  • vadimknobel
    vadimknobel Posts: 165 Member
    Options
    I've gotten down from "plump" to "well fed"
  • cwolfman13
    cwolfman13 Posts: 41,874 Member
    Options

What is all this "division by zero" explanation??? Original poster just wants to be a size zero, which does exist. Not a math problem by far! Not everything is complicated, lol.

f11df0a49788cfbab44f22d03d236ef8.gif
  • zyxst
    zyxst Posts: 9,134 Member
    Options
    I'm half fat.
  • Unrated57
    Unrated57 Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    I'm so fat the back of my neck looks like a hot dog package.
  • Some_Watery_Tart
    Some_Watery_Tart Posts: 2,250 Member
    Options
    senecarr wrote: »

Pssssh, the manufacturers can't even agree on what a size zero actually is. And that's before we get into American vs. European sizing. Don't ask the impossible of me.

It might be possible to divide by an American size zero, but definitely not a European one.

Bridgekeeper: What... is the air-speed velocity of an unladen swallow?
    King Arthur: What do you mean? An African or European swallow?
    Bridgekeeper: Huh? I... I don't know that.

Can't be any harder than bra sizing, and I'm quite adept in that. :wink:
    I thought my ears were burning. I'm here now. And I'm still dying about you being called luet_underpa. Sounds like grampa. *snort*

And PS: all the fats are belong to me.
  • EnrgizerBnny
    EnrgizerBnny Posts: 1,082 Member
    Options
    In like half and half creamer just add a little but super fat!
  • acoustophoresis
    acoustophoresis Posts: 49 Member
    Options
    Idk but the chubby chasers aint really chasing no more. :(