Too tired after work to work out

hey everyone! So I'm having this issue where I'm too tired to work out after work every night. I work on a farm where all day I do continuous manual labor, but now I'm far too tired to work out when I get home. What should I do??? Thank you :)

Replies

• yusaku02
    yusaku02 Posts: 3,472 Member
    Work out before work. ;)
  • yopeeps025
    yopeeps025 Posts: 8,680 Member
    Turn your work into a workout.
  • pzarnosky
    pzarnosky Posts: 256 Member
    Work out before work or buy a pre wporkout supplement :)
  • acoustophoresis
    acoustophoresis Posts: 49 Member
    To help yourself get into the habit, try a preworkout supplement before you go to the gym. It'll get you pumped. I would recommend weaning yourself off it once you get in the groove and your body adjusts. Those powders have a ton of caffeine.
  • ScubaSteve1962
    ScubaSteve1962 Posts: 609 Member
    I would suggest early morning workouts, but since you work on a farm you may not be able to do that. What time does your day start.
  • Sued0nim
    Sued0nim Posts: 17,456 Member
    hey everyone! So I'm having this issue where I'm too tired to work out after work every night. I work on a farm where all day I do continuous manual labor, but now I'm far too tired to work out when I get home. What should I do??? Thank you :)

You do hard manual labour on a farm?

What kind of exercise do you want to do on top?
  • cwolfman13
    cwolfman13 Posts: 41,865 Member
    manual labor is a workout...it is far less important for people who do manual labor to perform deliberate exercise...one of the reason it's so important for most of the population is because most people sit all day and deliberate exercise provides for their only "work". not the case when you're doing what you're doing.

i used to do landscape construction...any exercise I did beyond that was a hike in the mountains with my friends or some ultimate frisbee in the park, or a weekend bike ride or something.
  • MsJulesRenee
    MsJulesRenee Posts: 1,180 Member
    Try working out every other day instead. If I truly don't feel like going or I'm really worn out I don't go. More likely to hurt yourself if you're not 100% concentrated. Gotta give yourself a break every once in awhile. Second the pre-workout, always helps me get moving after a long day.
  • EmilyRose13084
    EmilyRose13084 Posts: 18 Member
    I would suggest early morning workouts, but since you work on a farm you may not be able to do that. What time does your day start.

My days start around 5 am
  • EmilyRose13084
    EmilyRose13084 Posts: 18 Member
    rabbitjb wrote: »

I would just like more cardio and abdominal exercises on top of this. I generally walk about 10 miles every day on the farm and am consistently doing strenuous activities
  • Sued0nim
    Sued0nim Posts: 17,456 Member
    cwolfman13 wrote: »
    manual labor is a workout...it is far less important for people who do manual labor to perform deliberate exercise...one of the reason it's so important for most of the population is because most people sit all day and deliberate exercise provides for their only "work". not the case when you're doing what you're doing.

i used to do landscape construction...any exercise I did beyond that was a hike in the mountains with my friends or some ultimate frisbee in the park, or a weekend bike ride or something.

That's what I meant

He's right
  • 2snakeswoman
    2snakeswoman Posts: 655 Member
    Hard manual labor IS working out. Your cardio and weight lifting is probably covered. There are a lot of standing ab moves that you can do, and you might already be doing some of them during your manual labor. Throw in 10 minutes of targeted ab work before work, during lunch/break, or after work and you're good to go. You're not too tired for 10 more minutes are you?
  • JoRocka
    JoRocka Posts: 17,525 Member
    rabbitjb wrote: »

this.

what kind of specific goals do you have?
  • codycsweet
    codycsweet Posts: 1,019 Member
    Farm work is a workout and I agree with cwolfman13
  • rdtalon
    rdtalon Posts: 42 Member
    It sounds like you do plenty already. Don't stress your body out with more than it can handle. That could lead to injury. I think if you are going to do something, make it fun, but active. Swimming, hiking, sports, and the like.