Run like a girl...

Options
Sam101my
Sam101my Posts: 128 Member
If somebody told you to run, hit, or fight like a girl..how would you run, hit, or fight?

Replies

• Cindy4FunFit
    Cindy4FunFit Posts: 2,732 Member
    Options
    ....looking pretty? Ha. To the death?
  • Sinistrous
    Sinistrous Posts: 5,589 Member
    Options
    1.) In heels.
    2.) With my purse.
    3.) With my nails (Which isn't rare...)
  • FitStrongHealthy
    FitStrongHealthy Posts: 220 Member
    Options
    Run as fast as I could, hit as hard as I could, fight as hard as I could. While still looking pretty doing it, even while working up a sweat.
  • rdtalon
    rdtalon Posts: 42 Member
    Options
    I'd look at some Ronda Rousey training videos or fights, and then emulate to the best of my ability.
  • TheBoldCat
    TheBoldCat Posts: 159 Member
    Options
    As I usually do. . . ;)
  • cheshirecatastrophe
    cheshirecatastrophe Posts: 1,395 Member
    edited July 2015
    Options
    I'd channel my inner Ivanova.

"Fight like a girl" makes me think of psychological warfare as much as physical.
  • michellemybelll
    michellemybelll Posts: 2,228 Member
    Options
    like a boss. and be better than everyone else because of it.
  • ItsMeGee3
    ItsMeGee3 Posts: 13,254 Member
    Options
    Bada$$
  • 47Jacqueline
    47Jacqueline Posts: 6,993 Member
    Options
    What does that mean, anyway?
  • Allison1385
    Allison1385 Posts: 353 Member
    Options
    uh.....kick *kitten*! & show them they wished they could do the same!
  • Steam_Powered_Awesome
    Steam_Powered_Awesome Posts: 301 Member
    Options
    I would run up to then bank kick their @$$ I grew up with three brothers it was kill or be killed. We were not nice to each other back then
  • oh_happy_day
    oh_happy_day Posts: 1,137 Member
    Options
    Sprint, left hook with all my weight behind it and fight like a boss.
  • Sam101my
    Options
    LOL..Love these responses. I was just curious. I teach 8th grade. When we covered a unit with advertising and body image, I played the Dove commercial that asks females and males to do this. It was interesting. The females and males in their teens and above ran slowly, prancing, acted as though they were hurt, and acted as though they physically couldn't do it. When children ages 11 and under were asked, most were confused by the question. Most ran as they normally would..the girls running, hitting, and fighting as hard as they could. I think it proves that advertising and society in general can make women feel weak, inferior, and not strong enough. By the time a person hits their teen years, they are exposed to hundreds (thousands probably) showing this. It begins to take its toll. I asked my students to run, hit, or fight like a girl before they watched the commercial. It was 50/50. Some ran ridiculously (boys and girls), while some sprinted across the room (boys and girls). I asked this question on this site because I want children and teens (and adults) to realize the new beautiful is strong, not "skinny" and unhealthy.
  • Sam101my
    Options
    By the way, after they watched the commercial, most changed their tune and realized what they had done might even be offensive.