defeatef before I get started

cherie65
cherie65 Posts: 1 Member
Started back today and have had nothing it seems like. I am starving and havent had supper yet and only have 175 left. This is frustrating and makes me feel like a failer.

Replies

• rosebarnalice
    rosebarnalice Posts: 3,488 Member
    Take it easy on yourself! Change is hard. Make today's accomplishment that you logged all of your food--even if you aren't happy with it. Just logging it honestly is a victory, and tomorrow is another day!
  • Ready2Rock206
    Ready2Rock206 Posts: 9,487 Member
    Don't worry about being over today. Just log it and learn from it. Tomorrow you can see where you need to make better choices. You can always do a workout too and earn some exercise calories so you can eat more for dinner. On the days I don't have many calories for dinner I like to eat scrambled eggs - with as many veggies as I can find to add in. You can eat a ton for not too many calories.

Also be sure your calorie goal isn't set too low. If you're one of those 1200 calorie people you'll probably always be very hungry.
  • BasicGreatGuy
    BasicGreatGuy Posts: 857 Member
    Eat your dinner until you are full, and then log your food. It is better to go over your calorie limit for a meal, than to starve yourself for no real good reason. When tomorrow comes, you will have a clean slate to work with.

You aren't a failure. You are so much more than calories and what some chart on the internet says. Don't diminish who you are, by defining yourself in such narrow and shallow parameters.

You are learning new habits and ways to take care of yourself. That doesn't happen overnight. Be kind to yourself. Be proud of yourself for taking positive steps towards a new you.
  • 999tigger
    999tigger Posts: 5,235 Member
    Your first task should be aquainting yourself with how much you eat by learning to weigh and log your food. You soubnd like you are trying to do too much at once with having made some adjustments which might help you allocate your calories better and also leave you more satiated.
  • astrampe
    astrampe Posts: 2,169 Member
    Your profile says you have a 120lbs to lose, how many calories were you eating today?
  • kaitlinconidi
    kaitlinconidi Posts: 17 Member
    Don't be too hard on your self! When I feel hungry I like to drink a big glass of water. If I'm still Hungry after drinking the water then I'll grab a healthy snack such as some celery! Don't give up, if you need motivation and support please feel free to add me and message me!
  • LilannB
    LilannB Posts: 99 Member
    I've found if you are not eating fried foods, fast food, soda and bread. You can get a lot of food for even 1300 calories.
  • Owlie45
    Owlie45 Posts: 806 Member
    Have a light dinner. And tomorrow try and prelog your foods.