300 lbs to 200 lbs in 9 months, 48 year old male

Options
13»

Replies

• wickmclean
    wickmclean Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    This link has a relevant concept to this thread, if you yo-yo (which I accidentally just did for 10 lbs after losing ~80). Thankfully someone from my gym explained reverse dieting to me and how it guides metabolism and why a low cal diet shouldn't last forever and how to go back to a normal cal diet

http://www.bodybuilding.com/fun/reverse-dieting-4-reasons-your-best-diet-might-be-reverse-diet.html
  • luluinca
    luluinca Posts: 2,899 Member
    Options
    Very impressive and totally believable to me. At 65 I've gotten better results than I expected, largely because of the muscle I developed and maintained when I was younger.

What an inspiration to others!
  • timmdz
    timmdz Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    Thanks for the PM Matt. I appreciate the public one too. Apology accepted. No hate here. :)

Thanks everyone else for the kind words and encouragement. It's not getting to the goal for me that is the real challenge... it's staying there for the rest of my life.

My wife will appreciate it, and my kids will too... having a dad and husband who can do "stuff" is very important for me.

• timmdz
    Options
  • jaqcan
    jaqcan Posts: 498 Member
    Options
    Fantastic work!
  • jonnie256
    jonnie256 Posts: 169 Member
    Options
    Great job op!! Don't let the doubters bother you. I don't see how 11lbs lost a month is so hard to believe. Hell I have lost that in a week even tho it was just water weight!lol
  • Will210
    Will210 Posts: 201 Member
    Options
    Amazing transformation. Looks like you have the more endomorph body type. The carbs reduction was probably the main diet key for you.
  • timmdz
    Options
    Will210 wrote: »
    Amazing transformation. Looks like you have the more endomorph body type. The carbs reduction was probably the main diet key for you.

Actually growing up I was classically ectomorphic.. very skinny, small bone structure, very hard to gain weight.

I agree that I respond well to limited carbs, and especially limiting sugar. I have an issue with sweets. ;)
  • ralphdimarco1
    ralphdimarco1 Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    well done
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!