Printable Diary

Options
tweede4
tweede4 Posts: 4 Member
Does anyone know why the printable diary doesn't print the daily goals, and remaining categories report when you print your diary?

Replies

• pamb44
    pamb44 Posts: 23 Member
    Options
    no, and I've just noticed that that totals are not the same when I complete and go to printable diary? That's a first, wonder if its a glitch. I would like to have the daily goals printed as well?
  • tweede4
    tweede4 Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    I just noticed that too! Hopefully customer service will see this and fix the problem.
  • CyberTone
    CyberTone Posts: 7,337 Member
    Options
    The issue of mismatch between the Food Diary totals and View Full Report (Printable) totals has been reported and MFP is working to fix this particular issue. On the Web version, the Meal totals are rounded, then the rounded numbers are used to calculate the daily totals. For me, using the View Full Report (Printable) provides the correct column totals. Please see this thread for more information...
    http://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/discussion/10190889/food-log-totals-differ-from-report-totals-web-version#latest

The report generated for View Full Report (Printable) has not provided the daily goals since I have been using it, which has been about two years now. I believe there would be a programming hurdle to overcome for including daily goals for each day in the printable report with the current way the printable report is generated. The report pulls data from the Food Diary and Exercise Diary (if those options are checked), which are most likely separate database tables from where the daily goals are stored. Since daily goals can be changed by a user at any time, it would be impractical to store those daily goals in the same tables that food items or exercise items are stored in a relational database, such as MFP. It would not be a trivial exercise in programming to merge all of that information for a user-generated report, especially considering that users can run reports for multiple dates, varying date ranges, and time periods going back for many years worth of data.

I am not saying it could not be done, nor that it is not a good suggestion. I just doubt that we users would see such an option anytime soon.