Fitbit App

Anyone else having issues with the fitbit app?

I just got my fitbit at the end of last week and have had no problems with it. However, this afternoon it stopped syncing with my app and says "tracker not found". Before that it was saying some thing along the lInes of "fitbit is unavailable, we'll be back soon". I've done all the troubleshooting steps the website has to offer. I'm just wondering if others are having issues or if its just me. Thank you!

Replies

• new_me_jrp
    new_me_jrp Posts: 7 Member
    I'm having the same problem. It happened Saturday night too.

Apparently they are doing some sort of 'maintenance.'
  • Christine_72
    Christine_72 Posts: 16,049 Member
    I get the "tracker not found" on most days, but doesn't last long and will eventually sync.
    Apparently fitbit is down for maintenance right now, which has been happening nearly everyday lately..
  • amdevns23
    amdevns23 Posts: 35 Member
    Yeah, after I posted a noticed the reviews on the app from the past couple days, a lot of people are having the same issues. After it finished maintenence for the second time, it reconnected so I'm good for right now. I was just worried that something might be wrong cuz I've never had that problem!
  • Tahlia68
    Tahlia68 Posts: 204 Member
    That happened with m fitbit charge last week for about 2 hrs. I did some trouble shooting and had to connect my band to the charger then hold down the button for 30 seconds until it came up with a message/number, which reset it. All good after that. If it does it again for to long give it a go. :smile:
  • editorgrrl
    editorgrrl Posts: 7,060 Member
    amdevns23 wrote: »
    I just got my fitbit at the end of last week and have had no problems with it. However, this afternoon it stopped syncing with my app and says "tracker not found".

Before that it was saying something along the lines of "fitbit is unavailable, we'll be back soon". I've done all the troubleshooting steps the website has to offer. I'm just wondering if others are having issues or if its just me.

The "Fitbit is unavailable" message is because the Fitbit server has gone offline several times over the past week. Your data is uploaded once Fitbit is back online. The only thing you can do is wait.

The "tracker not found" message is not normal. As @Tahlia68 said, step one is to reset your tracker. The steps vary depending on which one you have: http://help.fitbit.com/articles/en_US/Help_article/How-do-I-restart-my-tracker

If the problem persists, contact Fitbit customer service. If your tracker is broken, they'll replace it.

PS. MFP has a Fitbit Users group: http://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/group/1290-fitbit-users
  • amdevns23
    amdevns23 Posts: 35 Member
    I did all the troubleshooting to include restarting my fitbit as you guys explained. It didn't work, but then fitbit went down again and came back up and it's been working great since then. It seems (based on app reviews) many people have been getting the "tracker not found" message. Who knows, it's working now, let's hope it stays that way. Thanks for all the info!!

And I'll have to check that group out, thanks!
  • Christine_72
    I've been getting the "tracker not found " message all morning. It will correct itself soon. I'm just so used to seeing it everyday that I pay it no attention any more.
    Oddly it only happens in the mornings..
  • CM9178
    CM9178 Posts: 1,251 Member
    my fitbit stopped synching about 30 minutes ago. I'm not using the app, I sync online with my PC
  • editorgrrl
    editorgrrl Posts: 7,060 Member
    I've been getting the "tracker not found" message all morning. It will correct itself soon. I'm just so used to seeing it everyday that I pay it no attention any more.

Oddly, it only happens in the mornings.

Maybe that's why I've had a Fitbit for two years, yet never seen that message. I am so not a morning person!
  • Christine_72
    editorgrrl wrote: »
    I've been getting the "tracker not found" message all morning. It will correct itself soon. I'm just so used to seeing it everyday that I pay it no attention any more.

Oddly, it only happens in the mornings.

Maybe that's why I've had a Fitbit for two years, yet never seen that message. I am so not a morning person!

:laugh: could be why.