Mochaccino calories?

catt952
catt952 Posts: 190 Member
Today i went to a random cafe and bought a medium mochaccino. I looked around online for calories for this sort of drink and decided on 400 calories. This is just a guess though. What do you guys estimate this drink to be around? It included marshmellows, how many i do not know.

Replies

• charleneb83
    charleneb83 Posts: 4 Member
    I was about to say probably not that many calories but when I think about it 400 calories doesn't seem too far fetched. If they put a lot of syrup in it and used whole milk as well as the marshmallows that can really bump up the calories.
  • hgycta
    hgycta Posts: 3,013 Member
    Different places have different serving sizes so I'm assuming a medium was 16 ounces?
    Some things which could help you get more of an idea would be to assess the following:
    1.) Was it made with whipped cream or did it have foam? How much foam/whip compared to liquid was there? Whipped cream will obviously add more calories than the foam. Marshmallows really don't have too many calories (depending on how many), whereas whipped cream has a higher fat (and therefore total calorie) content.
    2.) Was it made with chocolate sauce/syrup or cocoa powder? Syrups will generally have more calories since than cocoa powder since the concentration of sugar is higher.
    3.) What type of milk was used?

After looking into these things it becomes easier to estimate; for now, however, 400 calories is probably a little bit high but definitely a safe guess if you're in maintenance or hoping to lose weight. It was probably around 350, but rounding up never (well, almost never) hurts! Enjoy the treat and be glad you were responsible and held yourself accountable ;)