I'm ready to take the weight off

Options
Hello everyone, I'm blaze. I'm 5'4 and 207 pounds as of July 27th. My long term goal is to lose 50 lbs. My short term goal is to lose 10 lbs by August 22th( a month after exercise start date) My weight has been up and down but I'm ready to eat right and exercise to improve my overall fitness and health.

Replies

• Breeticus87
    Breeticus87 Posts: 114 Member
    Options
    Hi there, Blaze! I started 4 days ago. Well I started for real 4 days ago. Two weeks ago i started making a change, but i kicked it up a notch 4 days ago. Haha, that woulda been the 23rd. Just a day after you :P small world eh. I am right there with you buddy. I am starting with the eating right. I don't want to push to the exercise to quickly though. Idk how true it is, but I once heard a doc say that its best to figure out a healthy steady diet and let your body get used to the caloric and nutritional change for a week before you add exercise because your body is having to already recalibrate the way that it functions due to new eating habits, but i hope to be exercising by wednesday or thursday.

You also can add me if you'd like, I am trying to make as many friends as I can. I feel like a good support group might actually help me beat it this time.
  • jls1mum
    jls1mum Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    Morning blaze stick to MFP it works!!!
    Dont beat yourself up if you have a bad couple of days just write it all done and move on.
    You will see the results your looking for
  • eric2000f
    eric2000f Posts: 5 Member
    edited July 2015
    Options
    Hello all, I'm in as well! Add me as a friend. I could use some motivation to eat better and exercise!
  • eric2000f
    Options
    I'm new to all this so please let me know how all this works. Do I need to keep coming back to this forum to talk to you all or can I add you to a friends list? I'll keep exploring to find out.
  • eric2000f
    Options
    You can't meet new people here? It seems like they have to be on your contacts list if you want to friend them. I'd rather talk to new people like you all.
  • blazehill6
    blazehill6 Posts: 26 Member
    Options
    Thanks for all the advice and welcoming. It is refreshing to know that I'm not going about this weight loss journey alone. To date, I have lost one pound and one inch off my waist. I'm motivated