"Recent" foods that I haven't used in over a year.

Options
How do I trim some of the junk from my "Recent Foods" tab? There are items in there (Big Blue soda, for example) that I have not had in at least a year. Even then, it wasn't something I had often. But they clog up my "Recent Foods" list, and it's becoming unusable. It's faster to type in and search for things each time than to sort through ten pages of "recent" items. The harder it is to log, the less likely I am to keep doing it. Please add a button to this page like the one in "Frequent" so I can shorten this list!

Replies

• Patttience
    Patttience Posts: 975 Member
    Options
    This question belongs in another part of the forum. I see you are new so you probably don't know. I myself do not know how to fix that problem. The tools are not perfect and you may not be able to fix them. I generally find frequent to be a more useful column.
  • Hearts_2015
    Hearts_2015 Posts: 12,031 Member
    Options
    How do I trim some of the junk from my "Recent Foods" tab? There are items in there (Big Blue soda, for example) that I have not had in at least a year. Even then, it wasn't something I had often. But they clog up my "Recent Foods" list, and it's becoming unusable. It's faster to type in and search for things each time than to sort through ten pages of "recent" items. The harder it is to log, the less likely I am to keep doing it. Please add a button to this page like the one in "Frequent" so I can shorten this list!

As was shared above it's not an option to remove foods you've input. Frequent is the column foods will shift into that you use most. I think after 100 the food drop off the list?
  • CyberTone
    CyberTone Posts: 7,337 Member
    Options
    ​The Recent list is just a database query that is generated each time the Food Diary is searched and displays up to the last 100 items you, yourself, added to your Food Diary. Those food items will eventually drop off of the Recent list display after you log more items. You can not delete them from the Recent list.

The Frequent list displays up to 25 items from your Food Diary based on an algorithm that the user can not change, but a user can in effect hide particular food items from displaying in the Frequent list.

If you want, you can change your default display to the Frequent list, from which you can hide previous food items that you added to your Food Diary and do not want to see displayed on a list of foods. On the Web version, navigate to FOOD > Settings and change Default Add Food View to Frequent. On the mobile apps, navigate to Settings > Diary Settings and set Default Search Tabs to Frequent.

The only way to have the Recent list not display those items that you added to your Food Diary is for you to go back to your Food Diary and delete all instances of those unwanted items from every day that you logged them. However, if you delete those unwanted entries from your Food Diary, be aware that your macros will not be correct for those previous days and any Reports, if you use that, will not be correct.

Please see these articles on the MFP Help pages...
    myfitnesspal.desk.com/customer/portal/articles/374439-how-do-i-delete-an-entry-from-my-food-diary-
    myfitnesspal.desk.com/customer/portal/articles/152746-can-i-remove-a-food-from-my-%22most-used%22-or-%22frequent%22-list-what-if-i-change-my-mind-
  • edwardetr
    edwardetr Posts: 140 Member
    Options
    A simple MRU ordering would make it work wonderfully. Sounds like an enhancement request. :)
  • CyberTone
    CyberTone Posts: 7,337 Member
    Options
    edwardetr wrote: »
    A simple MRU ordering would make it work wonderfully. Sounds like an enhancement request. :)

I don't think there is anything wrong with the most recently used (MRU) ordering in the Recent list query display. It provides the list in reverse chronological order by either Meal, or All Meals, depending on the user-set display options. I use it all the time, and have no problems with it.