Options

Replies

• melindasuefritz
    melindasuefritz Posts: 3,509 Member
    Options
    i dont lift weights
    exercising 3 times a week????????? NO
    mor e like 60 minutes of cardio a day
    i also eat what i want and stay under calories always ...........
    exercise them off
  • ILiftHeavyAcrylics
    ILiftHeavyAcrylics Posts: 27,732 Member
    Options
    i dont lift weights
    exercise them off

If you want to make sure you're losing fat and not just weight, you should consider lifting.
  • BeachIron
    BeachIron Posts: 6,490 Member
    Options
    In for Groundhog Day.
  • whierd
    whierd Posts: 14,026 Member
    Options
    i dont lift weights
    exercise them off

Lifting weights would preserve your muscle mass. And three times per week is plenty.
  • Winston1717
    Winston1717 Posts: 184
    Options
    Leave off #3, and you've pretty much got it. I don't do any of that, and I'm losing fat.

I get that most people are obsessed with weight-lifting on here, because it works for them, but NO cardio? What if you like cardio?

I agree...cardio is essential along with strength training.....I combine the two and look how super buff I am!!
  • LongIsland27itl
    LongIsland27itl Posts: 365 Member
    Options
    It is that simple, but you'll never know it if you don't hit what you're supposed to every day. If you mess up one day you should be fixing it later in the week. IE- if I have to eat out and by the powers that be force me to eat 700+ calories past my daily limit, I'm either going to subtract 100cals per day from my mouth. Weekly macro/caloric averages are a little more important than daily averages.
    All this s&@? About lifting heavy is really overrated with the females on this board who are trying to lose weight. Main goal here is to lose fat, not build muscle, so when you're at the gym your main goal should be to keep your heart rate elevated until you're done. Unless you have slabs of muscle that you're desperately afraid of losing while dieting, lifting heavy weights should not be the focal point of your routine.
    A person in a 500 deficit should lose 1lb a week if they are measuring properly and calculating correctly.
    Creating a bigger deficit will result in more immediate weight loss, but will hurt more in the long run for those who want to continue losing weight, because you'll have to keep dropping cals to very low levels.
  • AllTehBeers
    AllTehBeers Posts: 5,030 Member
    Options
    In for Groundhog Day.

3phnu7.jpg
  • CrankMeUp
    CrankMeUp Posts: 2,860 Member
    Options
    i feel like i am experiencing deja vu.
  • gmallan
    gmallan Posts: 2,099 Member
    Options
    i dont lift weights
    exercise them off

If you want to make sure you're losing fat and not just weight, you should consider lifting.

Or just go for a smaller deficit. Lifting isn't strictly neccessary for fat loss but will help with body composition goals
  • DopeItUp
    DopeItUp Posts: 18,771 Member
    Options
    Yes, of course.
  • magerum
    magerum Posts: 12,589 Member
    Options
    Didn't I...wait...yeah...nevermind. :noway:
  • billsica
    billsica Posts: 4,741 Member
    Options
    Do you even lift groundhogs bro?

ground+hog.jpg
  • yo_andi
    yo_andi Posts: 2,178 Member
    Options
    How many different ways would you like us to put it?

Quit obsessing over it and just do it. Report back in a month.
  • AlsDonkBoxSquat
    AlsDonkBoxSquat Posts: 6,128 Member
    Options
    In for Groundhog Day.

10/10 hump for this comment.

Oops, wrong thread?
  • challenger9509
    challenger9509 Posts: 286 Member
    Options
    I am one of your big supporters and I honestly think you are really stressing and rushing the transformation. Take the advice..work hard every day and this will happen for you. :)
  • BeachIron
    BeachIron Posts: 6,490 Member
    Options
    At some point you have to stop asking the same questions and start doing. Just saying.
  • Babeskeez
    Babeskeez Posts: 606 Member
    Options
    At some point you have to stop asking the same questions and start doing. Just saying.

Ahyup. I have this same problem more or less except I keep it off the boards.

If you want serious body change, you'll stop dinking around and just do it.
  • jofjltncb6
    jofjltncb6 Posts: 34,415 Member
    Options
    You'll make more progress towards your goals with half of the equation than you will waiting for all of it before you begin. Just do the basics for a few months and *then* worry about the minor details.
  • mareeee1234
    mareeee1234 Posts: 674 Member
    Options
    Yeah! We all tend to overcomplicate things, but we don't need to! :smile: All the best x
  • taso42
    taso42 Posts: 8,980 Member
    Options
    yeah