How much cardio should I be doing?

Options
2»

Replies

• _The_Lone_Wolf_
    _The_Lone_Wolf_ Posts: 160 Member
    Options
    Im currently on T25 in the morning and Insanity Max:30 in the evening and it sucks! :D
  • runningkel
    runningkel Posts: 54 Member
    Options
    Obviously there's not a definitive answer. :) Keep tracking all your food, that's most important. If what you're doing fitness-wise works, stick with it. When you stall/plateau, change it up. Getting healthy should be a sustainable lifestyle change...there's no need to kill yourself trying to do two-a-days or sweating for hours a day!!

Personally, I run 4 days a week (with one being a short recovery run), try and XT on the bike/stairs one day, and throw in a strength training circuit 2 times a week. It works for me and I have kept it up for years, so I stick with that schedule and play with speed, exercises, etc.
  • Mr_Knight
    Mr_Knight Posts: 9,532 Member
    edited July 2015
    Options
    nissa5575 wrote: »
    So, basically, I am wondering if I should be doing more cardio than 30 minutes 5x a week?

If that 30 minutes is all running, you're looking at about 25km -> 1900 calories/week burnt for a 200 pound body. I don't know what you mean by "HIIT", other than you're almost certainly not actually doing HIIT, based on your description, but whatever it is it will almost certainly be lower burn than running. Typically, a lot less.

So my suggestion is to figure out what you "need" to burn, and work out a plan from there.
  • nissa5575
    nissa5575 Posts: 21 Member
    Options
    erickirb wrote: »
    Rhyalus wrote: »
    You should target up to ~2 lbs of weight loss per week... whatever that takes from a calorie / exercise regimen.

Not quite, with only 38 lbs to lose she should be aiming for 1 lb/week, 2lb/week is good if you have 75+ lbs to lose.

1 pound a week? Not 2? If this is the case then I feel better about my progress!!! :wink:

• nissa5575
    nissa5575 Posts: 21 Member
    edited July 2015
    Options
    Thanks everyone for the input!!!