If you've been on Phentermine, what were your results?

Options
avk9802
avk9802 Posts: 84 Member
Hello pals!

My primary prescribed me Phentermine yesterday and I'm excited to see what it does for me. If you've been on it, can you share your experience with me?

Thank you :)

Replies

• Here4Ponies
    Here4Ponies Posts: 116 Member
    edited July 2015
    Options
    Mine tried that with me a couple of times. Both times I started with a half dose because it's essentially amphetamine. Went to the full dose after a couple weeks and the initial effects lessened. I felt jittery, excitable, and hyperaware. I struggled to sleep . Felt like I had a large rock in my stomach. I definitely ate less. Lost 20lbs in a month. It all came back with extra as soon as I stopped taking it.

My doctor has changed her philosophy and no longer prescribes it. She encourages exercise and modified diet instead.
  • madhatter2013
    madhatter2013 Posts: 1,547 Member
    edited July 2015
    Options
    Mine tried that with me a couple of times. Both times I started with a half dose because it's essentially amphetamine. Went to the full dose after a couple weeks and the initial effects lessened. I felt jittery, excitable, and hyperaware. I struggled to sleep . Felt like I had a large rock in my stomach. I definitely ate less. Lost 20lbs in a month. It all came back with extra as soon as I stopped taking it.

My doctor has changed her philosophy and no longer prescribes it. She encourages exercise and modified diet instead .

GIF--Clap-applause-good-job-nice-one-clapping-Despicable-Me-Minion-Minions-GIF.gif
  • Linnea1972
    Linnea1972 Posts: 183 Member
    Options
    You will get alot of hate on this pill. ..
    but boo whoo to the na sayers..... ive lost 54 and still losing. .. no side affects for me..i do week on week off with the pills... also I have not been able to get a refil because of money, and the weight is still coming off.... good luck to you..... :)
    Check out my pics.....
    Linnea
    Also friend me if you would like.....
  • astrampe
    astrampe Posts: 2,169 Member
    Options
    OP, is that you on your profile pic? If so, your doctor should be reported to the medical board....Phen is an amphetamine, and should only be prescribed to morbidlh obese people where the risk of being overweight is a lot bigger than the medication's.....
  • theawill519
    theawill519 Posts: 242 Member
    Options
    I lost 50+ lbs on it. I loved it at the time... not so much when I gained it all back when I stopped taking it.

It's not a long term solution, so why even bother?
  • CarolinaCricket
    CarolinaCricket Posts: 127 Member
    Options
    I'm sorry but if that is you in your profile photo you shouldn't be taking this medication and your doctor should be reported.

• CoRockChick77
    CoRockChick77 Posts: 39 Member
    Options
    astrampe wrote: »
    OP, is that you on your profile pic? If so, your doctor should be reported to the medical board....Phen is an amphetamine, and should only be prescribed to morbidlh obese people where the risk of being overweight is a lot bigger than the medication's.....

This!
  • Serah87
    Serah87 Posts: 5,481 Member
    Options

Agree.
  • KenziesFrenzies
    KenziesFrenzies Posts: 1,014 Member
    Options
    Thea519 wrote: »
    I lost 50+ lbs on it. I loved it at the time... not so much when I gained it all back when I stopped taking it.

It's not a long term solution, so why even bother?

Preach, girl, preach.

Preach-knope.gif
  • soldiergrl_101
    soldiergrl_101 Posts: 2,206 Member
    Options
    I took it, lost 10 gained 30...Its not a miracle drug, it doesn't teach you how to eat right or get your body/mind right. If you eat a bunch of crap these pills wont make you loose 50lbs sitting on your @$$. Your better off doing it the old fashioned way, diet and exercise
  • Azexas
    Azexas Posts: 4,334 Member
    Options

Yeah...That's what I was going to ask.
  • Iron_Feline
    Iron_Feline Posts: 10,750 Member
    Options
    Troutsy wrote: »

Her photos suggest that it is - which is worrying.
  • Redbeard333
    Redbeard333 Posts: 381 Member
    Options
    It may work for some, but it's not a long-term solution imho. Change your habits if you want to lose the weight and keep it off...
  • avk9802
    Options
    Hi concerned pals! (Regarding my profile picture) that was from my first transformation 3 years ago. I've since had another baby and my metabolism has slowed quit a bit so this time around I haven't been able to do it like I did last time. I am technically obese. Weighing 185 and I'm 5'2. Hope this clears that up!
  • avk9802
    Options

Her photos suggest that it is - which is worrying.

See my comment.
  • avk9802
    Options

See my comment.
  • avk9802
    Options
    Serah87 wrote: »

Agree.

See my comment.
  • avk9802
    Options

This!

See my comment.
  • madhatter2013
    madhatter2013 Posts: 1,547 Member
    Options
    avk9802 wrote: »
    Hi concerned pals! (Regarding my profile picture) that was from my first transformation 3 years ago. I've since had another baby and my metabolism has slowed quit a bit so this time around I haven't been able to do it like I did last time. I am technically obese. Weighing 185 and I'm 5'2. Hope this clears that up!

I don't think this even qualifies for people to be less concerned.
  • avk9802
    Options
    I'm sorry but if that is you in your profile photo you shouldn't be taking this medication and your doctor should be reported.

See my comment :)
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!