Nobody notices!

Options
13»

Replies

• caroldavison332
    caroldavison332 Posts: 864 Member
    Options
    Do you really want people commenting on your external appearance, such as "Hey, have you put on a few?" What difference does it make? I would just be happy that I was more fit.
  • VeryKatie
    VeryKatie Posts: 5,949 Member
    Options
    Don't forget people are also afraid to say something because they don't want to offend anyone.
  • Alidecker
    Alidecker Posts: 1,262 Member
    Options
    Give it time, people will notice. People noticed in me fairly quickly, but I lose in my face first. I was talking to a co-worker who said something to me after I lost 50 pounds. He said he didn't know how to bring it up, he didn't want to offend me. I think that happens a lot.
  • lgrix
    lgrix Posts: 160 Member
    Options
    If you want people to comment on your weight loss, let them know you are working on it. I think it helps to have a support system in real life as well as on mfp.

Congratulations on your loss so far, good work!
  • Machka9
    Machka9 Posts: 24,988 Member
    edited July 2015
    Options
    Nobody notices that I've lost weight! Granted it's only 15 lbs so far, but I can really see a difference. When did people start noticing your weight loss and did many say anything about it? It would encourage me so much if my friends and family would comment on my accomplishment!

No one said a word to me until I hit 15 kg lost ... my first goal. That's about 32 lbs.

Then someone very hesitantly came up to me and asked if I might have lost a little bit of weight. She said she noticed it in my face a few weeks earlier, but had started to notice the rest of me just recently.

And another coworker came back from leave and saw me for the first time in about 6 weeks ... and commented that I looked like I might have lost a little bit of weight.

The things is a lot of people in that office gain a bit and lose a bit and gain a bit and lose a bit ... so a few kg isn't really anything to comment on.

• chelsy0587
    chelsy0587 Posts: 441 Member
    Options
    Like others have said, weight loss is a sensitive topic and some people just chose not to say anything rather than possibly offend you.

Took about 30lbs for some people to comment on my weight loss.
    Keep it up, no doubt the important people in your life will comment when they see how proud you are of yourself.
  • tesemarie
    tesemarie Posts: 37 Member
    Options
    Unless you are very public about your weight loss journey, I have found people don't say much because they aren't sure they are supposed to bring it up. :). I am very public about my weight loss journey (I have very supportive friends and family and it helps keep me motivated). People started to say they could really notice at 20/25 lbs. Now at 42 lbs down, people who don't know I'm trying to lose weight just look at me funny when they see me or say things like "wow...you look so nice today" but won't mention my weight
  • heronh
    heronh Posts: 529 Member
    Options
    Confidence and happiness comes from internal validation not external happiness. No Big whoop if nobody acknowledges your hard work and why should they? The "hard work" is only affecting you.
  • LloydGK
    LloydGK Posts: 86 Member
    edited July 2015
    Options
    As a gentleman I can attest to the fact that most of us have been taught very early on that there are things you don't ask a lady about:
    • Her weight.
    • Her age.
    • Something about the moon...(?)
  • headofphat
    headofphat Posts: 1,599 Member
    Options
    The majority of people find it socially awkward to comment on someone's weight whether good or bad. Drop 100 and they will notice.
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!