Avocado

Options
2»

Replies

• rachel9rmine
    rachel9rmine Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Great ideas here! My daughters and I are just discovering how much we love avocados. We've been dousing them in lime juice, salt &pepper, squishing them up (sometimes adding Laughing Cow cheese Con Queso to it) and eating it as dip with Buffalo Style wheat thins.
  • OldHobo
    OldHobo Posts: 647 Member
    Options
    I like 'em all the ways mentioned above. Lately been using them, coursely mashed with canned tuna and various other stuff as a tuna salad or dip. The avocado replaces the mayonaise at a 1/2 avocado to 1 can of tuna ratio.
  • paleocleaneater
    paleocleaneater Posts: 174 Member
    Options
    Avocado is seriously so delicious! I love them the best straight up with some salt. Also love them on eggs, chicken, salad and of course - GUAC!
  • OldHobo
    OldHobo Posts: 647 Member
    Options
    Happened to tune into The Chew recently and saw Michael Symon do sort of a toad in the hole with them. Halved an avocado and laid in into a hot pan. Squashed & flattened it a little with the back of a spatula and put a raw egg in the hole where the seed was. Sorta fried and steamed it and added tomato and basil at the end. I'm sure it tasted great but might have looked better if he cut part of the bottom of the avacodo away to flatten it and opened the seed hole where so part of the egg was in contact with the pan.
    Anyway here's a link to the video.
  • dayhiker1990
    dayhiker1990 Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    I usually eat them daily. I put avocado on salads and sandwiches. When I make fish tacos I will put a slice on them. Love them!
  • HikeCyclist
    HikeCyclist Posts: 153 Member
    Options
    I love avocados. Sometimes I just eat them with little bit of salt. Other times I make a sandwich with avocado and low-fat Greek yogurt. Yes I'm gross. I have also made stuffed mushrooms using avocado, diced tomatoes, and caramelized onions.

• jendiaz9732
    jendiaz9732 Posts: 285 Member
    Options
    Bake egg on top of half slice of Avo and ooooooh maaaaaaan!!!!!!!!!! With tuna too!
  • mygnsac
    mygnsac Posts: 13,413 Member
    Options
    Love them plain, mashed up and used as a sandwich condiment or a salad dressing, chunked up in salads, frozen and used in smoothies (in place of a banana when I want to switch it up), and blended with unsweetened cocoa and honey for a chocolate avocado pudding,
  • jonisteenhoek
    jonisteenhoek Posts: 92 Member
    Options
    <3 I only eat it smashed up with a bit of lime juice and a bit of kosher salt.
  • moesis
    moesis Posts: 874 Member
    Options
    Cut in half, remove pit, lime juice, salt and scoop it right out.
  • AllOutof_Bubblegum
    AllOutof_Bubblegum Posts: 3,646 Member
    Options
    With the biggest spoon I can find! And a little salt and pepper. :)
  • martiniconqueso
    martiniconqueso Posts: 27 Member
    Options
    Creamed together 50/50 by weight with fresh goat cheese and slathered liberally on home-made bread with a drizzle of olive oil, little black pepper and maybe a few sprigs of arugula for more peppery bite.

No, not every day, obviously, but - that's how I eat avocado when I can make it happen.
  • Ozzzzzzzzzz
    Ozzzzzzzzzz Posts: 84 Member
    Options
    Love it right out of the shell with salt,pepper or some cajun seasoning
  • bzmom
    bzmom Posts: 1,332 Member
    Options
    Now if you want to make a meal out of it.

I like to grill chicken then shred it
    Add diced avocado, tomatoes and onion and chop some cilantro
    Squeez lemon and add salt to taste

Eat with tostadas. LOVE IT!!
  • gretaphant
    gretaphant Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    We have our own avocado tree (Hilo variety...about 4x the size of Haas). We eat soooooo much avocado once our tree starts to fruit.

- Add to a smoothie (banana and strawberries, coconut milk, Greek yogurt, OJ, honey, and ice)
    - BALT sandwich
    - Every salad ever created
    - Lime juice, salt and pepper on toast or crackers
    - Crab and avocado sandwich (hell...any sandwich)
    - Guacamole (duh)
    - Every Mexican dish ever made
    - Diced on top of an omelette

It even makes a delicious homemade icecream. I know it sounds weird, but it's actually heavenly.
  • V_Keto_V
    V_Keto_V Posts: 342 Member
    Options
    Mashed in a concoction of kale, spinach, scrambled eggs, fish,etc. +/- butter/gelatin/broth. Hot food contrast with cold avocado/guacamole is the best