Runner's Feet & Sports Bra Problems - Recommendations would be great!

2»

Replies

• 7lenny7
    7lenny7 Posts: 3,498 Member
    To deal with the pain on the ball of your foot, I like to freeze a 20 ounce (or 1/2 liter) water bottle and then roll the ball of my foot over it. This has helped me quite a bit. That and ibuprofen.
  • Here4Ponies
    Here4Ponies Posts: 116 Member
    Can't help with the foot pain but I highly recommend Enell sports bras. I don't jog but I ride horses (not high impact but high bounce) and am well endowed. No bounce, no chafe even when wearing all day in high heat and a lot of sweating.
  • runningkel
    runningkel Posts: 53 Member
    Get fitted for new shoes. The right shoe is an investment...but totally worth it!

Running 4-5 times a week, 5k (minimum) each time is a lot of running for a novice runner...pain (especially anything that can be described as sharp or shooting) is often an indication that you're overdoing it. Sharp, shooting pain that continues after 2-weeks off is something you should see your doctor about. In the meantime, definitely cut back, ice it, and stretch your feet...but if it still persists, see a doctor. Self-diagnosis or just pushing through it sometimes don't work in our favor.

I wear an under-wire sports bra from champion...and I go down a band size. Definitely use body glide under the band of whatever kind you get...it's a miracle!!
  • dinsfamily
    dinsfamily Posts: 84 Member
    Bras will chafe either too big or too small. I've found that out the hard way. Best thing is to get fitted properly. I use Moving Comfort and Lululemon (and love them!), but all will chafe if they aren't fitted properly.
  • cantikapr
    cantikapr Posts: 11 Member
    runningkel wrote: »
    Get fitted for new shoes. The right shoe is an investment...but totally worth it!

Running 4-5 times a week, 5k (minimum) each time is a lot of running for a novice runner...pain (especially anything that can be described as sharp or shooting) is often an indication that you're overdoing it. Sharp, shooting pain that continues after 2-weeks off is something you should see your doctor about. In the meantime, definitely cut back, ice it, and stretch your feet...but if it still persists, see a doctor. Self-diagnosis or just pushing through it sometimes don't work in our favor.

I wear an under-wire sports bra from champion...and I go down a band size. Definitely use body glide under the band of whatever kind you get...it's a miracle!!

Yeah I've been scolded for over training with my half marathon plans. Taking a few days off to rest which is helping to ease the pain.