Hello! Anyone else here need to lose 100+ pounds?

Options
13»

Replies

• charleneIGrenier
    charleneIGrenier Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    So, How is everyone doing? Im off to a good start 14 lbs gone . walking 2 miles 5x a week and intermittent fasting.
    I hope this continues to work. in the past a new program worked for the first 3 weeks then stopped.I shall see. Have a good positive week MF pals!
  • bubbajoe1066
    bubbajoe1066 Posts: 95 Member
    Options
    I've been here two week today....14 days.... I log in every single bite of food ...every glass of water.... i have a fitbit charge and i do my darndess to hit that 10 k goal in steps each and every day...now 15 k each day..... I have 100 lbs to lose.....no..check that... i just weighed in and i have lost 10 lbs.. i now have 90 lbs to lose..i am not starving myself...i eat very well... but i have cut out all added sugar and salt and most carbs....no junk food at all...no soda.. and plenty of water....in the two weeks i have made this change i have stopped taking zantac and tumms..(very bad reflux) and my knees have stopped hurting ..not totally but enough that i am starting not to feel like the tin man...i figure that to be the water...don't ask me how or why..i really don't know but since i increased my water intake my joints feel better... i'm sure someone here will be able to tell me... anyways... if i can do this anyone can... please do not get discourage with that number... it's only a number and it does not define who we are...this is a lifestyle change .... we are making it to help ourselves....."Perseverance is not a long race; it is many short races one after another." Walter Elliott .. I wish each and everyone one of you nothing but success.
  • fugaquedimicator
    fugaquedimicator Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    Starting with 117 lbs. to go. Feel free to add me.
  • Bonini237
    Bonini237 Posts: 3 Member
    edited January 2016
    Options

• Bonini237
    Options
    I need to loose 140lbs. 5 years ago fitness pal helped me loose 80lbs. It was the first time in my life that i had been able to loose weight with just following what i ate and learning what it was that was making me gain weight. I didn't have money for a gym membership but walked and tracked on MFP and it was just as good. During that time my husband and I had two young boys, and after those pregnancies a let myself go for about 4 years until i said that it was enough. This time around, i have gained all the weight back, mostly because we welcomed two babies (a son and a daughter) but the births are extacly a year apart from each other. The weight creeped up slowly because i realllllly enjoyed my pregnancies, we are in a totally different place financially and home stabled, but our family is now larger. It is a stressful time sometimes with 4 kids, i need to do something about this extra weight. I dont want to wait another 4 years and then it may be too late. Even though we are comfortably financially now, im currently a stay at home mom, because it makes more sense i suppose. Im active with the little ones and cleaning around the house but the minute i have time to sit down, thats when the bad eating habits happen, sometimes dont eat breakfast and by late afternoon i think i need to compensate for that, and dinner as well. I need to change. I have no excuse. My husband even got a treadmill for me to use on my "free time", but by then im either too tired or just rather spend it eating and watching tv. Smh. I hope i make some new friends who are going through the same, its not easy, its not going to be easy, and only us can make it happen. So good luck to all of you, and i hope that by next year we can all be near or closer to our goals.
  • blessedmoore714
    blessedmoore714 Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    I understand because I too need to lose 100 pounds - I gotta break it down 10 at a time or it's too overwhelming. Good luck on your journey of health transformation - add me for a dose of encouragement and accountability
  • AnotherTryLiz
    AnotherTryLiz Posts: 77 Member
    Options
    Hi Everyone! Please add me to your group. I started on 1/4/16 for the second time. The first time I jointed MFP back in 2013 I lost 89 lbs in 8 months. But then my husband got sick and it has taken me 2 years to get my willpower back and get motivated. Needless to say......I gained every bit of that back. This is going to be my year!!! Determined to loss it and keep it off.
  • markizamkd
    markizamkd Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    Hi all. I need to loose 40kg min in order to go for a hernia surgery :( I never knew there is forum on here :D so we will stay in touch. It is first time for me to try diet with counting calories
  • myeverydaywifelife
    Options
    I have 100 lbs to lose, I lost 2 this week. I lost 20lbs last year without even tyring. I have no tyroid (due to thyroid cancer) and I have Hashimotos Autoimmune disease, Hypothyroidism. I attribute my weight loss last year to getting off Synthyroid (levothyroxine) and changing to NDT Natural Dessicated Thyroid Medication called Naturethroid. I gained 40lbs after my thyroid operation with in 3 months. If you thyroid hormones are not in balance it is very difficult to lose weight. If you are hypothyroid then you metabolism is slow which is why you are not losing weight no matter how hard you try! So focus on boosting your metabolism! Can't wait to see how much I lose this year now that I am trying harder. Eating Clean! Drinking Water! portion Control! Gluten Free!
  • TheLittleRedHairedGirl
    Options
    Wow, it's so awesome to see so many people that have the same goals I do. I lost 30 lbs in Nov. but gained them all back in Dec., because of all the holiday baking. However, this is a new year, new beginning and anything is possible if you put your mind to it. My hubby bought me a fit-bit for Christmas and I've just synced it. Accountability and seeing what I'm eating and how it's impacting my life is a great motivator for me. So, cheers here's to meeting and exceeding our goals and cheering each other on! Please feel free to add me as a friend if you need some encouragement or a sympathetic ear. Oh! I almost forgot, I'm at 297 and my goal is 165. I figure for a medium boned frame that's a good target number but when I get there I might revise it.
  • Bonini237
    Options
    jkhelm1973 wrote: »
    Wow, it's so awesome to see so many people that have the same goals I do. I lost 30 lbs in Nov. but gained them all back in Dec., because of all the holiday baking. However, this is a new year, new beginning and anything is possible if you put your mind to it. My hubby bought me a fit-bit for Christmas and I've just synced it. Accountability and seeing what I'm eating and how it's impacting my life is a great motivator for me. So, cheers here's to meeting and exceeding our goals and cheering each other on! Please feel free to add me as a friend if you need some encouragement or a sympathetic ear. Oh! I almost forgot, I'm at 297 and my goal is 165. I figure for a medium boned frame that's a good target number but when I get there I might revise it.

Thank you. I think we all need the encourogement. I look forward to seeing your commitment in the lbs that will drop. You can do it! We can do it!
  • charleneIGrenier
    charleneIGrenier Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    Hi! So how is everyone? I regained 2 lbs. Its scary. I go out for i special meal and it throws me off. I need to get those 2 lbs off asp! its the little things that trip me. Welcome to all our newbies! were here for each other. Hugs
  • vonnichi
    vonnichi Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Hi looks like an old post but I'm new here and have to loose 155lbs not sure how I can do it but I would need all the help and motivation I can get
  • KatalinaRoss
    KatalinaRoss Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    Hi all. I am new here and have lost 13 lb in the last two weeks.about 100 lb to go. Am using a new fit younger hubby as my motivation for getting my slim body back. Feel free to add me and good luck to all of you x
  • bmhorton12
    bmhorton12 Posts: 92 Member
    Options
    I've struggled with weight my whole life. I had lost 50 lbs by beginning of last year. Had a really rough year and let the weight slowly cheap back on. My ultimate goal is to be down 150 lbs. I'm currently slightly over 300. Feel free to add me.

• jackiechenery62
    jackiechenery62 Posts: 63 Member
    Options
    Need tose and keep weight off. I'm told Diet and exercise are both needed to drop weight so I got my Fit bit charge HR today and am hoping that will help motivate me. Got a diet plan in place and am ready to begin my Journey. One day, one hour, one minute at a time. lets see what awaits. Hope to meet others who could use a weight loss buddy. I'm ready to let go of my bigger shell in exchange for a smaller healthier one. All the best to YOU. Hugs
    Been on here two weeks & lost 9lbs already this app is great to see just what calories you have had, more than happy to have more friends
  • ckozl81
    ckozl81 Posts: 59 Member
    Options
    I'm working on my 2nd, of 15-20, 10 pound goals. We'll see where healthy leads me. I'm optimistic with using MFP and having family support at home and my MFP friend along for the ride I can accomplish anything.
    I have a Fitbit and love the motivation factor it provides. I recently had surgery and can't workout right now so it's helped me focus on eating properly, something I severely stink at, but I've doing good and am down about 20 pounds so far. I'm hoping the weight will fall off once I can workout again since I'm cleaning up my eating now. I can't fall back to old eating once I go back to the gym.

I'm always looking for friends who can help motivate me.
  • Shull_rachael
    Shull_rachael Posts: 430 Member
    Options
    I have 100+ to lose. It really depresses me but I have to change