Fish Tartar sauce alternative

karenkasbi
karenkasbi Posts: 216 Member
edited July 2015 in Recipes
This is a lebanese sauce we make with fish. This is also served with falafel in middle eastern restaurants.

0.5 cup tahini sauce (sesame paste)
0.25 cup fresh lemon juice
0.25 cup water (you can add more when checking the thickness of the sauce
2 cloves garlic mashed.
A tablespoon of dry parsley (optional)

Mix all of these together and dip the fish in it. Very high in calories but tastes great :-)

Replies

• madhatter2013
    madhatter2013 Posts: 1,547 Member
    karenkasbi wrote: »
    This is a lebanese sauce we make with fish. This is also served with falafel in middle eastern restaurants.

0.5 cup tahini sauce (sesame paste)
    0.25 cup fresh lemon juice
    0.25 cup water (you can add more when checking the thickness of the sauce
    2 cloves garlic mashed.
    A tablespoon of dry parsley (optional)

Mix all of these together and dip the fish in it. Very high in calories but tastes great :-)

Seems counter productive :neutral:
  • karenkasbi
    good for cheat days. it's really healthy :-) my mom used to tell me it would grow my boobs lol
  • pinggolfer96
    pinggolfer96 Posts: 2,248 Member
    Awesome!(: this is my go to cause its so simple yet delicious:

-FF Greek yogurt
    -lemon juice
    -dill
    -onion/ garlic powder

Sometimes I'll add some apple cider vinegar or red wine vinegar or even hot sauce, but that's my base sauce for any fish recipes I make!(:
  • OldHobo
    OldHobo Posts: 647 Member
    Calories are probably about the same as tartar sauce and I think the the tahini is more nutritious than the mayonnaise it replaces. How long do think it will keep in the ice box?
  • khhregister
    khhregister Posts: 229 Member
    This reminds me of the delicious garlic paste they serve at Zankou's chicken (a Lebanese chain in LA). The recipe is a mystery and is much sought after! I have to try this soon.
  • karenkasbi
    The sauce gets thicker is you let it settle for too long. It's best eaten fresh, otherwise you have to add more water at a later time. It's really easy though, you can always make it fresh. The calories are about 100 for 1 tablespoon.