What motivates you?!

Options
2»

Replies

• katieboulby
    katieboulby Posts: 29 Member
    Options
    Silly thing keeps posting before I'm done typing!
  • cwolfman13
    cwolfman13 Posts: 41,867 Member
    Options
    I had a bunch of bad blood work just a few short years ago...basically I was looking at being very sick, if not dead by the time I was 60. I have two boys to take care of at home, so that was an unacceptable outcome. I changed my diet to be far healthier than before and started exercising regularly. My blood work now looks good and a bonus was dropping about 45 Lbs.

I really wasn't motivated to lose weight but rather be a healthier me...a healthy weight is a nice bi-product of good livin'.
  • donthegeek
    donthegeek Posts: 58 Member
    Options
    The thing that motivates me the most is: (drum roll please) My leather belt keeps twisting and folding over because of my waist line. Well that and the fact that I'm tired of not fitting in booths at restaurants and having the tray table sit on top of my stomach on an airplane. Not to mention the looks from others on Southwest that say, "Please don't sit next to me." I may never get back to my active duty weight but I will one day get down to a point where I feel comfortable sitting in the hot springs.
  • katieboulby
    Options
    cwolfman13 wrote: »
    I had a bunch of bad blood work just a few short years ago...basically I was looking at being very sick, if not dead by the time I was 60. I have two boys to take care of at home, so that was an unacceptable outcome. I changed my diet to be far healthier than before and started exercising regularly. My blood work now looks good and a bonus was dropping about 45 Lbs.

I really wasn't motivated to lose weight but rather be a healthier me...a healthy weight is a nice bi-product of good livin'.
    That's amazing. Well done you! I think "a healthier me" is a better attitude to have than "a thinner me"

• katieboulby
    Options
    donthegeek wrote: »
    The thing that motivates me the most is: (drum roll please) My leather belt keeps twisting and folding over because of my waist line. Well that and the fact that I'm tired of not fitting in booths at restaurants and having the tray table sit on top of my stomach on an airplane. Not to mention the looks from others on Southwest that say, "Please don't sit next to me." I may never get back to my active duty weight but I will one day get down to a point where I feel comfortable sitting in the hot springs.