Is PB2 too good to be true?

Options
I'm HOOKED on it. Worth every penny.

Replies

• cwolfman13
    cwolfman13 Posts: 41,874 Member
    Options
    i find it to be meh...i'd take the real deal and the calories and actual nutrition that go with it if I could...but it's not allowed in the house due to my kiddo is allergic.
  • Ironmaiden4life
    Ironmaiden4life Posts: 422 Member
    Options
    I prefer the Just Great Stuff brand and yes powdered PB is all that and a bag of chips :D Come comp prep it's a lifesaver when my diet doesn't allow for the real thing.
  • fitchlets
    fitchlets Posts: 58 Member
    Options
    I prefer the Just Great Stuff brand and yes powdered PB is all that and a bag of chips :D Come comp prep it's a lifesaver when my diet doesn't allow for the real thing.

It really is. I'm loving it.
  • Francl27
    Francl27 Posts: 26,371 Member
    Options
    It's fine. The main issue with it is that it's obviously less filling than peanut butter, and arguably less healthy as it doesn't have the healthy fats that PB has.
  • SolotoCEO
    SolotoCEO Posts: 293 Member
    Options
    If you like it great. I thought it was horrid and tossed it.
  • stephijohnson
    stephijohnson Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    I like to stick to the real stuff for how often/much I eat of it.
  • Queenmunchy
    Queenmunchy Posts: 3,380 Member
    Options
    I really only use peanut butter Asian peanut sauce, so I may try it.
  • janejellyroll
    janejellyroll Posts: 25,763 Member
    Options
    I really only use peanut butter Asian peanut sauce, so I may try it.

I use it for peanut sauce and I think it works great. Peanut sauce is one of my favorites and using PB2 lets me easily fit it in several times a week if I feel like it.
  • slaite1
    slaite1 Posts: 1,307 Member
    Options
    I can't really eat it by itself-it is nothing like real PB, in my opinion.

For smoothies and baking, though, it works great!
  • franfran1821
    franfran1821 Posts: 288 Member
    Options
    Omg love this stuff
  • kmarc33
    kmarc33 Posts: 25 Member
    Options
    slaite1 wrote: »
    For smoothies and baking, though, it works great!

^^^ This. This week I made choc/PB oat bars and made a choc/PB smoothy. Good stuff.
  • Christine_72
    Christine_72 Posts: 16,049 Member
    Options
    I haven't had to guts to try it on toast yet.. But I make a mix of chocolate protein powder, milk and pb2 and freeze it. I have that when there's no ice cream in the house!
  • zyxst
    zyxst Posts: 9,134 Member
    Options
    I haven't tried it because I've heard it tastes similar to "natural" PB which I hate. I'd like to try it just to confirm/deny for myself.
  • Jelaan
    Jelaan Posts: 815 Member
    Options
    Love it in smoothies with frozen strawberries, protein powder and almond milk for pb&j smoothie.
  • eileensofianmushinfine
    eileensofianmushinfine Posts: 303 Member
    Options
    i mix it into my chocolate protein shake that I have for breakfast. Totally Yummy!!!!
  • withoutasaddle
    withoutasaddle Posts: 191 Member
    Options
    I'm not the biggest fan of the chocolate pb2 (I thought it would be more like Nutella :/ ) but wow. Pb2? I'm in love. It really is too good to be true.
  • arditarose
    arditarose Posts: 15,575 Member
    Options

This brand is a lot better than PB2, I agree. It's almost not even in the same ball park. It's nuttier and more creamy.
  • Phrick
    Phrick Posts: 2,765 Member
    Options
    arditarose wrote: »

This brand is a lot better than PB2, I agree. It's almost not even in the same ball park. It's nuttier and more creamy.
    It's also twice the cost, at least here.
  • arditarose
    arditarose Posts: 15,575 Member
    Options
    Phrick wrote: »
    arditarose wrote: »

It's also twice the cost, at least here.

Oh is it? It's a similar cost here to PB2. That's surprising because PB2 is so much more popular.