OT....but I am shocked that people are like this

Options
I was at the grocery store today, and I was getting my kids out of the car..and some woman said, "Isn't it time you acted like a parent and got rid of the "hot rod"?
I was flabbergasted...since when does the type of car you drive (1969 Pontiac GTO, and I:heart: my car)
make you a better parent?
I wanted to tell her off, but all I could do is bite my tongue and shake my head in disbelief. Some people are just judgmental and rude!

Replies

• GTOgirl1969
    GTOgirl1969 Posts: 2,527 Member
    Options
    I was at the grocery store today, and I was getting my kids out of the car..and some woman said, "Isn't it time you acted like a parent and got rid of the "hot rod"?
    I was flabbergasted...since when does the type of car you drive (1969 Pontiac GTO, and I:heart: my car)
    I wanted to tell her off, but all I could do is bite my tongue and shake my head in disbelief. Some people are just judgmental and rude!
  • MontanaGirl
    MontanaGirl Posts: 1,251 Member
    Options

:noway: I can think of a lot of indicators that someone sucks as a parent - but their car???? Unless they can't buckle the car seat in, whats the prob?
  • peej76
    peej76 Posts: 1,250 Member
    Options
    Just like you can't be a good parent if you've got tattoos, go out for a few drinks once in awhile, dress a certain way, listen to a certain type of music! I hate how people judge and think there's only one type of good parents.
  • peej76
    peej76 Posts: 1,250 Member
    Options
    By the way I would love to take my kids for a drive in that car!!
  • GTOgirl1969
    Options
    [/quote]

:noway: I can think of a lot of indicators that someone sucks as a parent - but their car???? Unless they can't buckle the car seat in, whats the prob?
    [/quote]

I hate it when people think that their way is the only way. :mad:
  • TamTastic
    TamTastic Posts: 19,224 Member
    Options
    Wow, people really will make a big deal about EVERYTHING won't they?? They must be pretty bored with their own life if they feel the need to butt into yours about something as ridiculous as that!
  • MontanaGirl
    Options

[/quote]

I hate it when people think that their way is the only way. :mad:
    [/quote]

Seriously. Reminds me of that new country song that has the line - "Like she doesn't have enough of her own business, now she's gotta go mindin' mine." I mean really, if you were dragging your child by the arm, yelling at her, and smacking her around - then someone please intervene. But cars, tatoos, looking different?? Get over yourself already . . .
  • Cruizer
    Cruizer Posts: 5
    Options
    They were just jealous you have such a sweeeeeet ride!
  • mommared53
    mommared53 Posts: 9,543 Member
    Options
    I tell ya, some people just never cease to amaze me. I wonder when owning a "hotrod" made you a bad parent. Sounds like that woman needs to get a life.
  • pam0206
    pam0206 Posts: 700 Member
    Options
    OMG. I can't believe that someone would even waste her time. Gimme a break.
  • Erica92627
    Erica92627 Posts: 576
    Options
    Hey your shoes are untied, what kind of an example are you setting for your kids!:mad:
  • GTOgirl1969
    Options
    Hey your shoes are untied, what kind of an example are you setting for your kids!:mad:

lmao:laugh:
  • gmukris
    gmukris Posts: 539
    Options
    WTF?! That person seriously needs to get a life! :mad:
  • diannholland1965
    diannholland1965 Posts: 782 Member
    Options
    GTO, more steel for the ounce.
    I would venture a guess that her car, most likely made of fiberglass, would fold like a paper cup in an accident.
    and THAT makes you a safer parent then her, not to mention that if you needed to rush your childen to the hospital you could do so in 1/2 the time that her car would. and MAYBE faster then an ambulance.
    By having your dream car, I think that you are showing your kids that life is meant to be lived and enjoyed.
    Not to mention the fact that your kids are less apt to be embarressed to have Mom drive them to school. :wink:
    AND you are kept young by the fact that you did not give in to the Mommy wagon.
    People like that are put here on earth to remind us that we DO indeed have it good.
    Just smile and say
    THANK YOU!! I KNOW I look good and have a GREAT car!!! :wink: :laugh:
    As a women who also drives a small sports car, it rocks to not use the gas that she uses in the Mommy wagon to boot.
    --Diann...
  • MontanaGirl
    Options

Just smile and say
    THANK YOU!! I KNOW I look good and have a GREAT car!!! :wink: :laugh:

--Diann...

I love that!!! :glasses:
  • msarro
    msarro Posts: 2,748 Member
    Options
    If anything you're doing your children a favor by giving them impeccable taste in classic (and beautiful!) classic cars. Plus you're keeping them safer in a car made of solid steel that will more likely than not survive a collision with just about any other vehicle on the road.

PLUS your kids will more than likely want to borrow your car to prom, since its a SWEET ride!

Illegitimi non carborundum - Don't let the *kitten* grind you down :)
  • GTOgirl1969
    Options
    Thanks...you guys rock!
  • filergirl
    filergirl Posts: 240
    Options
    I have generally noted that some parents think that being parents gives them the right to lecture the world.

I don't like it.
  • mechanicmom
    mechanicmom Posts: 5,697 Member
    Options
    I have a camaro that's been my baby for over ten years. I don't plan on getting rid of it. My kids will think I am cool (when they are old enough to think that) just like I bet yours do or will.
  • may_marie
    may_marie Posts: 667 Member
    Options
    Didnt you know ? the only way to be a good parent is to have a mini van ... and perfect house with a perfect white fence, in a street where all the houses look the same, with kids playing in a back with a swing and a dog, and take their shoes off before coming inside to have a perfect dinner with mom and dad (mostly kentucky fried chicken)

didnt you know you had to be like everybody else to be a good parent,, you have to be like in those commercial on television,. a family without a mini van cannot be a happy family.

aargghhhh people are so narrowly minded.

as a kid my friend's parents had a T top camaro.... i though i was something else to be able to ride in that !!!!! loved it

stay yourself !!!1