anyone has a low calorie lasagna recipe?

Options
karyabc
karyabc Posts: 830 Member
hi! so my mom ask me to do for this weekend my typical lasagna recipe witch it's so good and I have no problem with it, but I was thinking that I could also do another low calorie lasagna, just to try something new, I was looking for some ideas and found a couple of youtube recipes but I'm not sure.

so was thinking maybe do one with 2 layer of ricotta cheese + spinach and then the middle one with ground turkey meat and tomato sauce.. what do you think?

feel free to share your recipe/ideas please :*

thanks.

Replies

• karyabc
    Options

damn that looks quite nice!! I wasn't initially thinking about changing the pasta itself but I guess this would be so different that I could surprise my family.

thanks!
  • maroonmango211
    maroonmango211 Posts: 908 Member
    Options
    I as well love using sliced zucchini in our old family recipe, as well I grate veggies (mushrooms, carrot, squash etc) and use in sauce with half the meat, it cuts the calories as well. The only difficulty we've had is it is MUCH more watery then typical noodle lasagna. Either way we actually really love the taste and well in our case it means we can add extra cheese guilt free :P
  • karyabc
    Options
    I as well love using sliced zucchini in our old family recipe, as well I grate veggies (mushrooms, carrot, squash etc) and use in sauce with half the meat, it cuts the calories as well. The only difficulty we've had is it is MUCH more watery then typical noodle lasagna. Either way we actually really love the taste and well in our case it means we can add extra cheese guilt free :P

awesome! yummy :#
  • rosebarnalice
    rosebarnalice Posts: 3,488 Member
    Options
    I make what we call "reverse lasagna" where eggplant or zucchini planks substitute for the noodles, and then a layer of uncooked quinoa becomes one of the filling layers. I also mix my ricotta half and half with crumbled firm tofu, and reserve the parmesan cheese for the top only. The tofu reduces calories and boosts protein, and also adds some firmness to the cheese layers that makes up for the missing noodles
  • Velum_cado
    Velum_cado Posts: 1,608 Member
    Options
    This is a bit more labour intensive than regular lasagna, but it's totally worth it

http://pinchofyum.com/veggie-alfredo-lasagna
  • Queenmunchy
    Queenmunchy Posts: 3,380 Member
    Options
    You could also do butternut squash lasagna rolls. I think they'd be excellent with a few slices of center cut bacon crumbled in too!
    http://www.skinnytaste.com/2013/09/butternut-squash-and-spinach-lasagna.html?m=1
  • allaboutthefood
    allaboutthefood Posts: 781 Member
    Options
    Replace the beef with ground turkey or chicken, you can also replace the noddles with zucchini or eggplant.
  • Nebrie
    Nebrie Posts: 56 Member
    Options
    I've made this: http://www.skinnytaste.com/2014/07/three-cheese-zucchini-stuffed-lasagna.html

It's freaking delicious. Also, it reheats for leftovers just beautifully.
  • kwedman488
    kwedman488 Posts: 132 Member
    Options
    Just take a lasagna recipe and sub ground turkey for beef and noodles for thin slices of zucchini. And sub half the ricotta for cottage cheese. Don't notice the difference at all-I swore by that for a long while till I tried out other dishes. I haven't had it in a while but I still keep it in my recipe book
  • flowerbob
    flowerbob Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    Here in the UK this was a sensation after being featured on a TV program (you can read more on the BBC website and see other recipes):
    http://www.bbc.co.uk/food/recipes/skinny_beef_lasagne_87277

It uses leeks instead of pasta. It sounds bonkers but it works. It was the first dish featured on the program, and they cooked it pretending it was 'one last blow out' at the start - only to reveal that actually it was a diet friendly dish.