Anyone working to rock their body out after the weight loss?

Options
2»

Replies

• KarlaH9801
    KarlaH9801 Posts: 362 Member
    Options
    I am 32, but definitely trying to rock my body. After 4 babies, there is no bikini on my horizon, but some killer arms sound fantastic. An above poster mentioned TRX- I LOVE TRX! It is as easy or as hard as you want it to be, and it is one killer workout. If anyone has a chance to try it, I highly recommend it.
  • Sparkle7
    Sparkle7 Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    Love all the posts! You've given me great ideas for adding variety to my workouts. I especially like some of the options that I can do at home. I'll be less motivated to go to a gym when snow comes.

If you said I can add you, I'm doing so now. If not, and you want to add me, feel free!!
  • joemac59
    joemac59 Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    I am 47 have gone from sw 230 to cw 145 in 1yr 5 mos. Looking to start strength training program and try to tighten up what i can. Looking for friends on the journey
  • CarlydogsMom
    CarlydogsMom Posts: 645 Member
    Options
    I'm 53, lost the weight (75 lbs, from 220 to 145) about 4 years ago using mostly cardio, maintained the first 3.5 years with mostly cardio/mountain biking. Felt the same as you, wanted to increase muscle mass and strength, so I started lifting free weights (compound lifts), progressively heavier program using a personal trainer. Worth every penny, and now I'm on my own cutting this summer then going into a slow bulk or re-comp come fall/winter.

The thread recommended is great; as is "HALP! Lifting Made ME SUPAH Bulky" to see before/after photos of women weightlifting. It's inspirational and there are many in their 30s, 40s, and 50s (and older!) in that thread. Good luck, weightlifting will rock your world!!!
  • joemac59
    joemac59 Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    Hi, this post has motivated me to start strength training. I joined Anytime Fitness today and will meet with a trainer to set up a program tomorrow. Excited to start this journey and hope to share with new friends along the way. I really need to tone up and increase my strength now, that I have lost the weight.
  • 115Everest
    115Everest Posts: 31 Member
    edited August 2015
    Options
    I'm really worried about using free weights at the gym because I don't trust myself on form. But lifting as hard as I can on machines doesn't worry me as much. In light of my concern, a very knowledgeable friend told me that if I don't plan to ever get a trainer (which I don't) in addition to the machines, I should lift some heavy but not crazy heavy free weights too because machines are confined to a certain range and don't go outside that range, whereas with free weights, you'll work all of the muscles and can move in different directions. Made sense to me, but I haven't tried doing that part yet. Too early to know how much of a difference it will all make. I expect it to make a pretty big difference.
  • griffinca2
    griffinca2 Posts: 672 Member
    Options
    Does the gym have personnel that can assist you w/form?? Or do they have personal trainers that you can use or you have any gym pals you can ask for assistance??? Free weights are good; I mix mine up (free weights & machines); keeps the muscles guessing. B)
  • barbecuesauce
    barbecuesauce Posts: 1,779 Member
    Options
    35 and starting my recomp today. I think I'm also going to find a new cardio activity, because running hurts right now.