Need help losing weight on a budget

Options
2»

Replies

• caroldavison332
    caroldavison332 Posts: 864 Member
    Options
    Exercise at home-do calistenics. Jumping jacks, push ups, sit ups, etc. Do high intensity interval training (HIIT). Spring for 30 seconds, rest for 60 ten times. HIIT keeps your metabolsim going for 38 hours.
  • Lounmoun
    Lounmoun Posts: 8,426 Member
    Options
    If you are on a tight budget, meal planning is important.
    Reduce waste. Use what you buy. Look in your freezer and cupboards when you plan meals. Use the most perishable foods first.
    Don't pay someone to cut, skin, debone, peel or shred your food.
    Chicken thighs can be cheaper than chicken breast. Larger containers may be cheaper than single serving containers so compare the cost.
    If you eat meat you can stretch it farther by putting it in a casserole, soup or stir fry rather than having a big piece. Planning some meatless meals can save money.
    Soup is a good dollar stretcher.
    Buy store or generic brands.

You don't have to make elaborate, expensive meals to lose weight.

budgetbytes.com
  • amywah
    amywah Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    Thank you for the ideas. Chili is a terrific idea once fall gets here! (It is hot in Georgia!) Thank you for sharing the BudgetBytes site. It is great! A big thing for us is definitely not letting stuff go to waste. I know it is a change of mindset.

I also have zero excuses for not exercising. I have an exercise bike my husband bought me last year, and I have 6 work out DVD's. 2 Jillian Michaels (30 Day Shred and Ripped in 30) a Leslie Sansone Walking DVD, a cardio for beginners dvd, and a couple of others. Of course there is Youtube too. I know for me it really is a shift in mindset. I have to make myself do it. Even junk can be cheap... like the candy bar I bought at Walmart.
  • Muzzoozal
    Muzzoozal Posts: 33 Member
    Options
    eggs, tuna, grab a whole chicken when a sale is on - safeway, and other stores often have for .99. Buy 2, cook, cut dice and use to make chicken salad, add to a green salad, use the broth and some of the chicken for soup with cheaper veggies like cabbage, carrots & rice. Egg salad, deviled eggs with light mayo and more mustard than mayo (that's even Southern!)