Need to lose 80lbs - looking for support

Options
hi

I have been here many time before and tried every diet along the way but I am through with all that - I am aiming for a nice weight loss for next summer (maybe not the full 80lbs - but a good chunk of it)

I got engaged in holiday and wedding will be planned for 2017 so I have plenty time to lose and maintain my weight loss

Just fed up of trying all these diets and losing and then gaining it back and more - so time to be sensible and eat everything in moderation

Replies

• susieqn77
    susieqn77 Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    You can do it! It is a hard battle been there, still there! Lots of water, eating healthier, and exercise! I always say don't call it a diet it's called getting healthy!! Good luck
  • Butterflies_And_Chaos
    Butterflies_And_Chaos Posts: 20 Member
    Options
    I've walked in your shoes more times than I can count... I've decided to stop "dieting" as well and start living a healthy, sustainable lifestyle ~ so far, it's working (albeit a short time! ha ha) :smile: Congrats on your recent engagement!!
  • lucysmommy2007
    lucysmommy2007 Posts: 103 Member
    Options
    Thank you
  • JessicaLSpinder
    JessicaLSpinder Posts: 14 Member
    edited July 2015
    Options
    Good Luck. It's hard work, but you can do it. You just have to find healthy foods that you like and exercises that you like. I've only been at this for 3 weeks, but so far I've lost 7 pounds just by eating healthy and walking my dog for 30 minutes every night. Do some research. Personally, I love Pinterest and I get a lot of my healthy recipes off of there. Here is my page if you would like to take a look. https://www.pinterest.com/LynneSpindler/unprocessed-life/

We're all here for each other, so if you need advice or support we're here to help!

Congrats on your engagement!!
  • nickimc13
    nickimc13 Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    Good Luck You can do it!! One step at a time, so you don't get overwhelmed! :smile:
  • lucysmommy2007
    Options
    Than
    susieqn77 wrote: »
    You can do it! It is a hard battle been there, still there! Lots of water, eating healthier, and exercise! I always say don't call it a diet it's called getting healthy!! Good luck
    thank you have added you as a friend
  • auddii
    auddii Posts: 15,357 Member
    Options
    Weight loss isn't easy, but it is relatively simple - eat less than you burn in a day. You're doing great by using this app; it's worked wonders for me. I've lost about 90lbs (45lbs before joining MFP), and so it's definitely doable. I'm hoping to lose my last 30lbs before my wedding next year.
  • lucysmommy2007
    Options
    Hi I have added all people who has commented hope that is ok!

I will have a look at your Pinterest page tonight when home from work