What's YOUR treat method/cycle?

Options
13»

Replies

• 970Mikaela1
    970Mikaela1 Posts: 2,013 Member
    Options
    I eat what I want when I want. If I gain a few pounds so be it. Trying to stay at an exact number does not work for me. I go up and down ten lbs. As long as I don't skip any workouts I'm a happy camper.
  • cityruss
    cityruss Posts: 2,493 Member
    Options
    I don't treat myself with food. I find personally that's a psychologically unhealthy way of looking at food, and have spent lots of effort ridding myself of the food as a reward/treat mindset.

I fit the foods I like in to my weekly limits, they are part of the norm, not revered or placed on a pedestal.

If it doesn't fit a decision is made to either leave it, or log it and move on.
  • Sunny_Bunny_
    Sunny_Bunny_ Posts: 7,140 Member
    Options
    I don't use food as a treat either. I agree that it's not something that I see as a healthy way to view food in general. I don't eat things I don't like. Everything I eat is good. I like vanilla low carb yogurt with some 85% dark chocolate shavings on top, but I don't think of it as a cheat. It fits into my way of eating and I can have it as often as I want really. I've lost my taste for junk foods I gave up months ago. Even if they are around because my kids want them, I don't even feel tempted. We have celebrated 3 birthdays in the last 6 weeks with another coming up next week and I had 1 bite of my daughters ice cream cake because she looked so sad that wasn't going to join her for cake and that was a compromise I made with her. Lol. I felt like I had eaten a spoonful of cold, wet sugar. Kinda gross...