Short Slow Fat Losers...come in...I have a question

Options
Without a doubt I am a slow fat loser. Since January I have had an average weekly weight loss of about .6lbs per week. NOT BAD!!! However, I would like to see if I can eeek out the remaining .4lbs each week for a solid 1lb a week weight loss.

I know I am not the only short woman who is on a weight loss journey that slowly loses weight. If you were able to safety increase the amount of weight you were losing please tell me what YOU did or changed to make that weight loss a reality.

Replies

• barbecuesauce
    barbecuesauce Posts: 1,771 Member
    Options
    You're not weighing your food and you don't usually log (not much in the last few days, anyway). Tighten it up and you should see progress.
  • queenliz99
    queenliz99 Posts: 15,317 Member
    Options
    You're not weighing your food and you don't usually log (not much in the last few days, anyway). Tighten it up and you should see progress.

This^^

and read this

http://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/discussion/1296011/calorie-counting-101/p1
  • GeddesFit
    GeddesFit Posts: 75 Member
    Options
    Without a doubt I am a slow fat loser. Since January I have had an average weekly weight loss of about .6lbs per week. NOT BAD!!! However, I would like to see if I can eeek out the remaining .4lbs each week for a solid 1lb a week weight loss.

I know I am not the only short woman who is on a weight loss journey that slowly loses weight. If you were able to safety increase the amount of weight you were losing please tell me what YOU did or changed to make that weight loss a reality.

How short? It might sound stupid but I just watched extreme weight loss the other day and had a person with 4'5 in height and she had a very low BMR so everything she lost was purely through exercise. I do pretty good myself I'm 5'4 and eat 1200 calories a day , exercise 5 times a week and lose about 1-2 pounds weekly with my current weight being 166lbs. Maybe try adding in some exercise to burn some extra calories
  • WBB55
    WBB55 Posts: 4,131 Member
    Options
    can you increase your activity by 200 calories per day (on average) without increasing your food intake?
  • jaga13
    jaga13 Posts: 1,149 Member
    Options
    I am a short, slow loser and just fine with it. I'm 4'11. A few months ago MFP gave me only 1270 for a HALF lb loss. It's now only giving me 1200 for a half pound (because I'm closer to goal). I would have to exercise way more than I want to or have the time for to earn enough calories to be in a 500 calorie deficit. No thanks. I'd rather stick with my 250 calorie deficit.
  • DeniseB0711
    DeniseB0711 Posts: 294 Member
    Options
    jaga13 wrote: »
    I am a short, slow loser and just fine with it. I'm 4'11. A few months ago MFP gave me only 1270 for a HALF lb loss. It's now only giving me 1200 for a half pound (because I'm closer to goal). I would have to exercise way more than I want to or have the time for to earn enough calories to be in a 500 calorie deficit. No thanks. I'd rather stick with my 250 calorie deficit.

I am 5' 2'', and just updated my stats, including 30 minutes of vigorous exercise above my otherwise sedentary lifestyle. (it really varies day to day I try to go swimming four times a week) MFP has put me at 1200 net calories to lose 1.6lbs per week (more than I want to lose).
    Two other calculators have suggested a similar amount of calories. sigh.

Others asked about my logging. I have been "practicing" maintenance. I get so few calories and the workouts I do are so intense, that occasionally I need a break. The weight loss life style is unsustainable at best. I took sometime off to explore my ability to maintain my weight and incorporate regular activity (not crazy interval training) into my daily life. I am happy to say the month of July I have maintained my weight despite having a day or two every week that weren't perfect, and relying on recreational swimming for exercise.
    Its time to go back into weight loss mode, and that does mean tedious attention to measuring, weighing and logging. (Including making sure recipes are perfectly balanced ect and analyzing them before they hit my mouth). I was only hoping for the next 12 weeks, my weight loss per week could be increased substantially