What is your ideal IQ range when selecting a SO?

Options
2»

Replies

• ilfaith
    ilfaith Posts: 16,769 Member
    Options
    My husband and I actually had the same SAT score (although he did better on math and I scored higher on the verbal portion)...so I suppose that makes us intellectual equals. :p He may have an Ivy League degree (while I didn't even think if applying to his alma mater) but I still beat him at Trivial Pursuit and Boggle.
  • lseed87
    lseed87 Posts: 1,105 Member
    Options
    There are much MUCH more important things to measure.

This
  • ninerbuff
    ninerbuff Posts: 48,667 Member
    Options
    Being that my DW is an electrical engineer with a masters degree..............I like em smart.

A.C.E. Certified Personal and Group Fitness Trainer
    IDEA Fitness member
    Kickboxing Certified Instructor
    Been in fitness for 30 years and have studied kinesiology and nutrition

9285851.png
  • PurringMyrrh
    PurringMyrrh Posts: 5,276 Member
    Options
    I love the idea of "selecting" your SO. :laugh: No more to it than picking out a ripe melon or what you're drinking with your meal.
  • Timshel_
    Timshel_ Posts: 22,834 Member
    Options
    So, apparently, I score well on IQ tests. Always have. I don't think I am really that smart, but I have a good deal more reading comprehension than most and a great memory. So I think I fake it. That said, I am a bit more prideful of my plain ol' common sense, logic, and ability to relate to others, which I think buys ya more in the life market than just book smarts.

That said, I am super attracted to the same in girls.
  • OneHundredToLose
    OneHundredToLose Posts: 8,523 Member
    Options
    IQ is actually not a very great indicator of intelligence at all, and isn't used as a metric of intelligence anywhere professional.
  • senecarr
    senecarr Posts: 5,377 Member
    Options
    tumblr_n1gxr7HZPQ1roqv59o1_500.png
    FYI IQ tends to be heritable, but it doesn't seem to be very genetic. Of the half dozen genes associated strongly with IQ, they are only strongly associated with about a 1 point difference. Heck, your significant other will actually "inherit" IQ from you if yours is higher. Not seeing the point is looking for an actual IQ in a mate.
    Someone you can converse with at your level is nice though.
  • SKMTX
    SKMTX Posts: 122 Member
    Options
    Well since I don't know what an so is the person must be at least smart enough to tell me
  • OneHundredToLose
    OneHundredToLose Posts: 8,523 Member
    Options
    skrace wrote: »
    Well since I don't know what an so is the person must be at least smart enough to tell me

Significant Other, just fyi
  • Bucky83
    Bucky83 Posts: 1,194 Member
    edited September 2015
    Options
    Chaelaz wrote: »
    So, apparently, I score well on IQ tests. Always have. I don't think I am really that smart, but I have a good deal more reading comprehension than most and a great memory. So I think I fake it. That said, I am a bit more prideful of my plain ol' common sense, logic, and ability to relate to others, which I think buys ya more in the life market than just book smarts.

That said, I am super attracted to the same in girls.

How you doin'? :p

I have an IQ of 128 if that helps. :)
  • Ajirvin
    Ajirvin Posts: 131 Member
    edited September 2015
    Options
  • _John_
    _John_ Posts: 8,641 Member
    Options
    this is not a period thread