Replies

• mebutslimmer
    mebutslimmer Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    Good luck.
  • sophayz
    sophayz Posts: 592 Member
    Options
    it is not an easy process. stick to it even in the thought times and remember that it is normal if you gain slightly more then you would like at first . it will balance out it is a pendulum the more you fight against the weight gain the longer its going to take . consistency ,trust and faith is what you need... and a lot of strength . if you need to talk i am here , i went through it too last year :) good luck!
  • thewritingviolinst1
    thewritingviolinst1 Posts: 125 Member
    edited July 2015
    Options
    Good luck, dear! I'm also in recovery from anorexia, as well as bulimia. If you ever need anything, my inbox is open! :D
  • kkay152003
    kkay152003 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Me to good luck it helped before I just get back in old habits quick and decided I need something to say hey eat lady hoping OT worka again lost 23 since last time I used it yikes!!
  • elfin168
    elfin168 Posts: 202 Member
    Options
    Go you. Eating disorders reek. My favourite motivator is Brooke Erickson. Google her ::)
  • THE_BadRomancer
    THE_BadRomancer Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    Sent you an add- in recovery as well. Hoping to use this app for healthy reasons this go around.
  • wendy75_512
    wendy75_512 Posts: 21 Member
    Options
    I struggled with anorexia and bulimia for many years. This time I'm trying to take weight off in a healthy way.
  • phpmegan
    phpmegan Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    Anorexia buddies!!! :) I'm now fully weight restored and I am always looking for ways to help those in need
  • violetl94
    violetl94 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Me too! Currently in recovery after suffering with anorexia for several years!
  • worldofalice
    worldofalice Posts: 148 Member
    Options
    Google Amalielee, she's a weight-restored recovered anorexic and is truly inspirational. Look for positive role models and trust the process - your head will be screaming at you, but you have to ignore those voices and push through. Most importantly, surround yourself with positive people who can understand and support you - people can be triggering sometimes, and you have to learn to ignore them.
  • chey24
    chey24 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    I'm also trying to gain weight after 15+ years of anorexia b/p
    I'm finding it difficult to eat so much so often I forget to eat many times as I have a family and three children under 7.
  • aledba
    aledba Posts: 564 Member
    Options
    Not a single person noticed OP is 13? Sorry, OP, I've reported you for being underage. Please approach medically qualified, adult professionals elsewhere for help. This is not the place. Best of luck!
  • dahhhhhling
    dahhhhhling Posts: 66 Member
    Options
    aledba wrote: »
    Not a single person noticed OP is 13? Sorry, OP, I've reported you for being underage. Please approach medically qualified, adult professionals elsewhere for help. This is not the place. Best of luck!

OP is 34. She saying she's had anorexia for the past 13 years.

You have a tough road ahead of you, stay strong, you can do it.
  • katkins3
    katkins3 Posts: 1,360 Member
    Options
    Sometimes people may judge or say inappropriate things, but you are important and deserve your recovery. Hold close those who support you and help others along the way.
    (And unusual suggestion, try yoga for flexibility and relaxation)
  • slideaway1
    slideaway1 Posts: 1,006 Member
    Options
    I am recovering y weight from 13 years with anorexia

Please continue to get better.
  • aledba
    aledba Posts: 564 Member
    Options
    aledba wrote: »

OP is 34. She saying she's had anorexia for the past 13 years.

You have a tough road ahead of you, stay strong, you can do it.
    Apologies, I misinterpreted what she wrote.

• Hannah220190
    Hannah220190 Posts: 83 Member
    Options
    I am recovering y weight from 13 years with anorexia

Good luck, be assured you will be 100% happier when you reach your restored weight and feel extremely proud when you look at how far you've come!
  • L0VE3UG
    L0VE3UG Posts: 47 Member
    Options
    Best of luck in your recovery! From experience I can say it is an uncomfortable journey. When you start to gain it might somehow feel "wrong", but you have to be able to change your thinking habits and keep pushing forward. Life without a disorder dictating how you feel about yourself and what you do day-to-day is very liberating :smile: