Bothell / Seattle WA .. Hello? Anyone out there?!

MsLexii
MsLexii Posts: 105 Member
Hello all! This feels like my millionth time using MFP to count calories in attempt to become healthier. I bought a Fitbit and got a gym membership this time. I am down 16lbs, with 172lbs left to go.. I am looking for locals that would actually be interested in personal training at the gym! Someone that could show me how to use the machines and give me a good routine, then set me free! Anyone out there in my area? I live in Bothell but can go to any LA fitness!

Feel free to add me on MFP, and let's become Fitbit buddies too!

Replies

• lorrpb
    lorrpb Posts: 11,463 Member
    Congrats on your losses so far! I am in your general area but not close enough as I'm on the west side of the Sound. It is great to have some workout buddies. For learning the machines & getting a routine it is best to get the advice of a professional. Surely LA Fitness has trainers or instructors who would help you get started. You will be able to meet friends as you workout. I would encourage to choose a facility near your home or work so it will be more realistic to keep up long term. Good luck!
  • MsLexii
    MsLexii Posts: 105 Member
    Yeah, they do... But I only want a few sessions to get me going and show me the ropes, and they want to charge me basically double because I'm not willing to sign a 6mo/12mo contract. So I thought I would reach out here and see if someone else had a better price offer :) thank you!
  • jheath133
    jheath133 Posts: 1 Member
    I'm in Bothell as well. Have you tried before Jazzexercise? Since I started with this all the fat around my tights and waist have decrease a lot.!

Jazzexercise is a combination of jazz, dance, cardio,weights and is fun.

There is one in Seattle Hill Road in Mill Creek Bothell area.
  • lorrpb
    lorrpb Posts: 11,463 Member
    edited July 2015
    Yeah, they do... But I only want a few sessions to get me going and show me the ropes, and they want to charge me basically double because I'm not willing to sign a 6mo/12mo contract.

That is unfortunate! Consider that it still might be worth the investment to get started right.
  • editorgrrl
    editorgrrl Posts: 7,060 Member
    This feels like my millionth time using MFP to count calories in attempt to become healthier. I bought a Fitbit and got a gym membership this time.

Feel free to add me on MFP, and let's become Fitbit buddies too!

You can find Fitbit friends in the Fitbit Users group. Fitbit challenges are great motivation—and fun: http://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/group/1290-fitbit-users